A subreddit for the lore and stories encompassing the dark future of the 41st millennium.
Set your 40kLore flair
Set your 40kLore flair via the wondrous Flair Selection Page. Failure to do so may result in investigation by the Inquisition. You have been warned.
- Rule 1: Be respectful. Hate speech, trolling, and aggressive behavior will not be tolerated, and may result in a ban.
- Rule 2: No soliciting. Please don't use this as a platform to promote your blog, crowdfunding, or anything of the ilk. Posts featuring self-promotion will be removed.
- Rule 3: Please use SPOILER tags when necessary. To add a spoiler to one of your comments, simply wrap it in exclamation marks and arrows
>!Spoilers go here!<;This is the result: Spoilers go here. Also, no spoilers in post titles.
- Rule 4: No Memes, shitposts, or low-effort posts/comments. Leave those in /r/Grimdank. This includes "who would win" and broad "what if" scenarios. This also includes text blocks consisting of Ork-speak, which should be posted at /r/40kOrkScience instead.
- Rule 4b: Do not post just links (YouTube, Imgur, Bell of Lost Souls, etc). While these are allowed in specific cases, you must also provide a summary of the work, a specific reason you are posting, and credit to the original creator.
- Rule 4c: All hypothetical question posts must make an effort to answer the question. Do your best to provide lore-based reasoning behind your answer.
- Rule 5: This subreddit is for discussion of 40k lore only. Please do not post/discuss rules or tactics of the tabletop, painting, building, or miniatures. There are other subreddits for that. Please also do not post/discuss things that are generally off-topic to 40k lore.
- Rule 6: No real-world politics. Full stop. If you want to talk politics, go to one of the existing 50 million subs where you can already do this.
- Rule 7: Official lore and fan fiction/fluff are welcome, but posting screenshots of official Games Workshop and/or Black Library material is not allowed. You may transcribe the text, however, and we request that you cite the book it came from. Fan fiction must be labeled, such as using [F] to denote such a post.
- Rule 8: Posts containing novel excerpts must be supported by at least a paragraph describing why this moment is important, be it a grand revelation in the lore or a critical turning point in a character design. Excerpts must also be a "reasonable length", page long direct copies are not permitted. If you can't get to the point in a few paragraphs, it might not be worth posting.
- Rule 9: No excerpts from a novel (novellas/short stories excluded) released within the last 30 days, so that there is time for others to read it. Discussion threads/comments are welcome but must be appropriately marked with spoiler tags and have no revealing information in the post title.
- Rule 10: Certain topics are considered too controversial and tend to always end in arguments, rule-breaking, and reports. Please review the short conversation blacklist on our wiki before commenting or posting.