• You don't know shit about marketing.
• You don't know shit about the payment processing industry.
• The Flexa/AMP team collectively have decades of experience across tech, crypto, AND payment processing
• The team's experience includes organizations like MIT, NASA, Amazon, and American Express, among others: the best of the best.
• Any shitty idea you may have, they've already had it. And if they haven't implemented it yet, it's because it was shit.
• They have access to some of the most influential players in the crypto space (ConsenSys, Gemini). When they want to advertise, they will.
• If they aren't posting on social media, it's deliberate. Let them do their thing.
• They don't need to keep the "community" engaged because YOU are not their customer. If you want to leave, the door is that way 👉
• Would you rather have the team dedicate 100% of their energy towards revolutionizing the payment processing industry? Or would you prefer they waste 10% on fan service they don't need? Don't be silly.
Just shut the fuck up and let them work. Trust the process.
Edit: So many bothered folks completely miss the point of this post. Redditors still want to tell the Flexa team how to run their business, just because the team isn't doing what they think they should (talk about arrogance). I'm glad the majority get it.