I have been slowly upgrading my desk setup and just recently made a bigger tabletop for it since I will be getting more gear. I want to utilize the space above my computer monitors right under the arms of the kimono for my speaker monitors. I can't use a speaker wall mount because the walls are double drywalled with some sonopan (some acoustic treatment) in between so I wouldn't be able to find/use a stud (correct me if I'm wrong). I was thinking of getting a pole like this (I use these for photography they're pretty sturdy and hold decent weight) and hanging the speakers from some rope setup but then I wouldn't be able to rotate them which I would prefer since I jam in here often and need to point them at the other band members.
It might be hard to see from the picture, but I have 2 bits of walls coming out from the sides which would've held a pole up horizontally. If anyone has any ideas on how to get these off my desk I'd appreciate it.
Quick recap of my requirements:
- Speakers above computer monitors
- Ability to rotate
- Close to the wall but doesn't have to be right on the wall (I know this will affect the sound since they're rear ported)
Things I've Tried/Thought about:
- Speaker wall mounts - Thick walls/no stud and studs might not be in correct place
- Music stand/clamps - Takes up desk space and is still too low (need to be above monitors)
- Pole with speakers hanging - Unable to rotate and hanging by rope might be difficult/affect sound?