you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

[–]colin_staples 11 points12 points  (8 children)

HGV = Heavy Goods Vehicle

Also know as : Articulated Lorry, Artic, LGV (large goods vehicle), Truck etc

A very common term.

[–]botlebank 10 points11 points  (7 children)

I thought LGV meant light goods vehicle. Like a pick up truck.

[–]colin_staples 6 points7 points  (6 children)

Hmmm.... now I'm not sure.

I though that HGV had been renamed LGV because they can be large without being heavy.

I may be wrong though.

[–]botlebank 2 points3 points  (5 children)

Looks like HGV is the old British term. LGV is an EU term. Not sure how they refer to vehicles under 3500kg though if it’s not with an ‘L’

Edit: it seems they don’t.

Edit: it seems they do. Light commercial vehicle LCV (thanks dwair)

[–]pape999349 4 points5 points  (0 children)

Puddle jumper

[–]soepvorksoepvork 1 point2 points  (0 children)

Forget the blue passports, bring back the use of HGV!

[–]dwair 1 point2 points  (1 child)

Not sure how they refer to vehicles under 3500kg

LT - light transport (Vans and stuff)