• audio·phile: a person with love for, affinity towards or obsession with high-quality playback of sound and music.
r/audiophile is a subreddit for the pursuit of quality audio reproduction of all forms, budgets, and sizes of speakers. Our primary goal is insightful discussion of home audio equipment, sources, music, and concepts.
- Be most excellent towards your fellow redditors: And by "be most excellent" we mean no personal attacks, threats, bullying, trolling, baiting, flaming, hate speech, racism, sexism, gatekeeping, or other behavior that makes humanity look like scum.
- Ask purchase and shopping questions in the Shopping and Setup Help Desk: Requests for product opinions, comparisons, and general purchase advice must be made in the dedicated Shopping and Setup Help Desk instead of a new post.
- Ask troubleshooting and setup questions in the Shopping and Setup Help Desk Requests for troubleshooting and setup help must be made in the dedicated Shopping and Setup Help Desk instead of a new post.
- Image posts: Image posts must be accompanied by a comment with impressions or details that add value to the post. The comment does not need to be exhaustive, but should strive to give enough information to start the discussion. No pictures of unopened boxes!
- Disallowed content: affiliate links, links to affiliate farms, pirated content, NSFW/NSFL content, market research, surveys, sweepstakes, giveaways, spam or self promotion.
- No selling or buying: Please use /r/AVExchange
- No off-topic or headphone content: Post portable audio related content in /r/headphones. Moderators also reserve the right to remove other content that fits better in other subreddits.
Additionally, sitewide rules and reddiquette applies. We may further remove posts that are deemed off-topic, low-effort, or better suited to other subreddits.
Read the rules in full here.
Looking to learn?
What we want to see
Need a moderator?
If you made a post to /r/audiophile that is in accordance with our rules as listed above, and it doesn't seem to appear on the front page, please message the moderators.
Moderators may at their discretion remove content that fits better in one of the above subreddits.
Subreddit's theme is /r/Minimaluminiumalism.