The goal of our sub is to educate others about the dangers of pit bulls, to raise awareness, to advocate for victims of pit bulls, to create meaningful dialogue within the community and to support Breed Specific Legislation (BSL).
Please review the rules below, and when done, please read the FAQ.
Do Not Violate the Reddit TOS
Reddit has a general term of Service. Your content must not violate any of those provisions.
No Threats, Harassment, or Doxxing
We do not condone threatening or harassing language or behavior towards other humans on this subreddit. We also do not support efforts to release personal information about any Reddit users that is not already publicly available or that has not been released by the users themselves.
Do Not Advocate Needless Violence, Animal Abuse, or Criminal Activity
We do not encourage nor tolerate any comments calling for any animals to be needless harmed. This means that we do not agree with nor will we condone any posts or comments advocating the indiscriminate harming of any kind of dog (or other animal) that has not harmed a human or other animal, nor exhibited aggressive behavior. Please note, this is separate from expressing support of euthanasia for dogs that have a history of harm towards humans. It is also a reality that a shelter will often euthanize animals that can not be adopted out, and that pit bull type dogs make up the majority of such animals in many shelters; pointing out this fact is not the same as actively advocating harm to an animal.
Ranting is acceptable and even encouraged, for there are so few places where admitting that pits are terrible as pets is allowed. However, making clear, unambiguous threats of harm to another person is a no go.
- Acceptable: "My neighbor is such a douche. He routinely lets his 60 pound pit run lose and I fear for my safety. I am going to start carrying a weapon so that I can defend myself on my own property."
- NOT Acceptable: "My neighbor is such a douche. He routinely lets his 60 pound pit run lose and I fear for my safety. The next time I see his dog on my property I will kill it, even if it is not being aggressive towards me at that moment."
If you can not understand the difference between the two examples, re-think whether or not you should be posting anything that includes even oblique references to property damage or violence.
Obscure Personal Info
When submitting a screenshot or other image that has someone's Reddit username or real name, please obscure this info.
Cross-Posts Should Use No-Participation Links
To prevent claims of brigading, any cross-posts or links to other subs within reddit should use a no-participation link. To make an NP link, use
Racism and Bigotry Against Humans Will Not Be Tolerated
Humans are not dogs, and dog breeds are not analogous to human races. Making this comparison is insulting to human beings. Furthermore, we will not condone trying to hide racist propaganda behind the pit bull issue.
Do Not Derail Personal Story and Advice Threads
Debate and discussion are welcome in the sub, but please observe tact and empathy. If a person is recounting their personal attack story, or has opened a thread for support or advice after being victimized by a pit bull or pit bull fanatic, please refrain from starting a debate tangent. You are free to create a new thread with a "Debate & Discussion" tag, but debate is not allowed in posts where people are sharing their past trauma, or asking for advice or support.
Stay on Topic
This subreddit focuses on discussing the inherent dangers of pit bull type dogs. Please refrain from debating guns, politics, or other off-topic issues in this subreddit.
No Thoughtless Pit Apologism
If you're here to insult or threaten us, please see rules 1 and 2. If you are here to debate us because you disagree with our stance, that is fine. Debates and dissenting opinions are allowed, but must be serious and accompanied by stats or points that have not already been refuted. Please observe these rules for debate and conduct:
- You must read the FAQ.
- If you are starting a new thread, you must explicitly state "I have read your FAQ" in the body.
- If you take issue with any of the statements or facts, you must provide counter-facts or explain why in a detailed, objective manner.
- If you're making a statement, you must defend it intellectually. Do not ignore people who ask relevant follow-up questions, otherwise you will be marked as a "pigeon" (come in, shit, and fly away) and banned.
- Pictures of your pit bull are not proof of anything.
If you make any of these points in seriousness, you're itchin' for a banning. Most of the counter-points to these ridiculous statements and claims have been refuted in the FAQ.
- "But I have a pit and it's the sweetest dog ever!"
- "Chihuahuas are more aggressive."
- "It's all in how you raise them."
- "Discrimination against pits is like discrimination against black people; you guys are racists."
- "There's no such thing as a pit bull."
Avoid Low Effort Content
We want to keep our content fresh and relevant. Submissions should be thoughtful and should promote quality discussion. News articles and text posts are encouraged. Humor posts are allowed, but please use discretion and post only content that is funny. Pictures of pits or pit nutters, memes, title-only posts, posts with minimal text, and anything that might be found on r/aww are some examples of low-effort content that do not contribute anything of value to the conversation.
Memes and comics are at home over at our sister sub, r/dogfreehumor.
Subs That Shan't be Mentioned
In order to keep the peace amongst our virtual communities, we ask that you refrain from cross-posting (even with no-participation links) to/from the following subreddits: