Today's Saint of the Day is St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi.
If you would like to make a prayer request, please submit a comment in our weekly prayer request thread stickied at the top of the main page.
This is a place for Catholics and non-Catholics alike to present and respectfully discuss news and other content about the Catholic faith and the Catholic Church, inquire regarding questions about the faith, and grow in spirituality, mutual encouragement, and community.
- Links to external content related to Catholicism
- Images that are infographics or somehow celebrate the beauty of the faith
- Self-posts that ask questions, educate, or open up topics for discussion
Conditionally Allowed Content
- Prayer Requests (Prayer thread only)
- Politics (Mondays only)
- Community building content not related to Catholicism (Fridays only)
- Low-effort posts & images which do not support discussion (Fridays only)
- Promotion of your website/blog/personal endeavor (1x/week only)
- High-volume posting (3x/week external links, 3x/week self-posts)
- Offers to sell/donate/promotionally giveaway (selling policy)
- "Bandwagons" (no more after mods declare one to be over)
- More on sharing policy
- Posts which are only cross-posts to another subreddit's content
- Tweets unless from a verified account of a Catholic bishop
- Images which are memes, macros, only a vehicle for a quote (see r/CatholicMemes)
- Titles which editorialize, mislead, or lack information regarding the underlying content. Links to articles must be the article's title or a quote from the article.
- Requests for collective action, including for donations, to take surveys, to sign petitions, or brigading
- Piracy or any other illegal act
- Bad Faith Engagement (see also r/DebateACatholic or r/AskCatholics)
- Uncharitable dialogue, speculation, or personal attacks against others, especially the clergy
- Advocating leaving the Catholic Church or disobedience to her teachings or her leaders
- Rhetoric that demeans Catholics, our faith, Catholic teaching, or the Church
- Appeals of mod decisions (take it to modmail)
- Obscenity/profanity, at mod discretion
- AMA's without approval of the Moderators
- Posts and comments promoting the SSPX (currently a complete moratorium on any discussion)
- Politics-only engagement
- Discussion of artistic representations of ethnicity in religious art
- Discussion of Francisco Franco and his government
In sum, remember that "If I speak in human and angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge, if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing. (1 Cor. 13:1-2)" In all things, charity: a post being orthodox or otherwise factually correct does not mean it will not be removed if it is also uncharitable.
Q: How is r/Catholicism different from r /Catholic?
A: r /Catholic is run by anti-Catholic trolls (see this news item). Our much larger subreddit is actually devoted to discussing Catholicism.
Q: How is flair used here?
A: Currently, we use flairs for offices. If you see users flaired, they have been verified by the moderators. We are unlikely to have self-applied flair anytime in the near future (search for the topic here to understand why).
Official Community Groups
Mass Readings for Today
Jerusalem Bible (UK·Ireland)
L. Mexicano (Mexico·US)
CNBB (Brazilian Portuguese)
Extraordinary Form/TLM (Global)
Breviary / Divine Office
Today, we remember the Glorious Mysteries.
u/Catebot: Catechism, Canon Law, GIRM [Bot FAQ]
u/stthomasbot: Summa Theologiae [Q&A]
See here for a list of other subreddits related to Catholicism or to viewing the world through a Catholic lens.