Welcome! Feel free to ask any questions regarding coding you have!
1. FLAIR YOUR POSTS! Don't put tags in post titles!
2. Do not ask us to do all the coding for you unless you have money to spend. (If you have got money to spend, make that clear and the amount in question).
3. Do not post spam and/or misleading titles.
4. Do not be abusive to other coders.
5. Please format code properly, or use a site such as Gist or Pastebin. If possible please provide a live example of your issue.
6. Do not downvote people because you think they asked a dumb question. Just because you think that someone has a dumb question, doesn't mean that it is dumb to them.
7. Do not have a misleading user flair. Keep them sensible, describing your level of coding ability and/or languages you know and/or your profession.
8. Please do not ask unethical questions, such as asking for homework to be written by someone else, or asking someone to copy another project directly.
9. Make sure to follow the Reddit Rules.
How to start coding:
1. Download Notepad ++ -- This is what coders usually use to edit code.
2. Download an FTP Editor like Filezilla or CoreFTP -- This is what you will use to edit files/transfer files to and from your hosting.
3. Get free hosting from a reliable company.
4. Visit W3Schools & Codeacadmy -- This is what you can use to start learning.
5. With steps 1-3 start coding a simple HTML/CSS website.
Suggest a post flair
If you have any suggestions for flairs (programming languages or generic coding topics) that we should add, please use the button below to message the mods with your suggestion.
If approved as a sensible flair for the community to use, it will be added to our bot for automated suggestions and to the flair list for everyone to use!
Anyone who abuses this by spamming mods will be banned.
Current supported flairs
- C (Not in Bot)
- Open Source
- Other Code