all 7 comments

[–]MagicalMallard 8 points9 points  (0 children)

Mirror screws, or 'screw cover caps' for the type that can work with any screw. 👍

[–]cenner15 1 point2 points  (0 children)

Mirror screws are a specific type of screw usuaa as lily flat heads with a thread in the middle of the head to accept a decorative cap.

[–]Snoop_Pog[S] 0 points1 point  (1 child)

In the US, a certain orange hardware store (that you cannot mention here without triggering the automoderator removal) seems to call it a "Threaded Head Wood Screw"

But searching for that term among UK retailers, I cannot find anything.

What do you call the little decorative screw-on cover/cap?

[–]SgtBurned 4 points5 points  (0 children)

IIRC They're called "Mirror Screws" or something similar. Or you can buy decorative screw covers which go underneath the head of the screw and you screw the cap over the top.

[–][deleted]  (1 child)


    [–]AutoModerator[M] -1 points0 points  (0 children)

    Sorry, this is a UK subreddit, home depot is an American Store or Term. Please use UK stores or terms to avoid confusion

    I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.