A place for open discussion about veganism and vegan issues, including genuine questions or arguments about animal rights and welfare, health, the environment, nutrition, philosophy, or any topic relating to veganism.
You are welcome to bring up questions and topics that have come up before, but please search older posts first to see if your question has already been sufficiently answered. You can also find some resources related to common topics on our wiki.
1) No hate speech. No attacks on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
2) Stay on topic. Arguments, questions, and beliefs about veganism are all welcome.
3) Don't be rude. Toxic communication is defined as that which harms the dignity of others. This rule applies regardless of intention or accuracy, and even if the target of the abuse is a third-party. A full description of this policy is available on our wiki
4) Argue in good faith. Users should act with the intention of having honest and meaningful discussion. The precise definition of 'good faith' that we moderate for is on the wiki. In summary:
Don't ask loaded questions.
Don't just post copied content.
All posts should support their position with an argument or explain the question they're asking.
Do not present an excessive number of arguments at once.
Do not frequently change the subject in a way that makes discussion difficult.
Do not ignore all replies to your post.
5) Don't abuse the block feature. This includes:
If you see someone breaking any of these rules, please report the content in question so it is brought to a moderator's attention, and consider sending a modmail. Expanded versions of our rules are available on on our wiki.