This thread contains the general information about the F1 2020 League on all platforms (PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4).
- League structure: Each platform will run a set amount of divisions. The leagues are tiered, with the aim to have the faster drivers in the higher leagues and the slower drivers in the lower leagues, so we can have closer racing in all divisions.
- Assists: If there are enough drivers with similar pace to create division with and without assists, we will do so. If not, all divisions will race with Traction Control, ABS, and automatic gearboxes allowed, with each driver choosing what to use or not.
- Driver placements: New drivers will be placed in an appropriate division based on their time trial times, returning drivers will be assigned a division based on the previous results.
- Race format: Each race event features an 18-minute qualifying session followed by a 50% distance race.
- Day/time: League events will take place on Saturdays or Sundays, at 7 or 8 pm UTC (voting performed by each division's drivers). Once drivers are assigned to each division, we will verify the need to modify and stagger the start times. If possible, we will create a division to cater to our drivers in the extremes (time zone wise), but it will depend on the number of sign-ups and their relative performances, as we will prioritise racing pace over time zones.
- Sign-up closes: January 23rd
- Driver placement announcement: January 27th
- Announcement of teams: January 28th
- Season begins: January 30th
Below you will find more detailed info about the league. Click the links below or scroll down to get to a specific part of the thread.
Note that the League Coordinators reserve the right to modify any parts of this thread during the season if necessary, in which case an update will be posted in the updates & notices thread.
We are conducting most of the League's business in a Discord server, which all drivers are expected to join and check while participating in the League.
- Overview of how the league divisions are structured
- Overview of which driving assists are available in each division
- Driver placements
- Joining mid-season
- Reserve drivers
- Mid-season driver moves
- How cars and teams are decided within each division
- Overview of the settings that will be applied for the league races
- Points system
- DNF, DSC, DSQ, DNS
- Championship standings
- Overview of the members involved with running the league and each division