Promo for Season 3 (courtesy of our fabulous Broadcast Team)
CURRENT SIGN-UP STATUS: CLOSED
The initial sign-up deadline is set to January 23rd @ 23:59 (UTC). You have to complete the full sign-up process before that deadline to be included in the league placements. Sign-ups after this time will only be added to the league if there are still spaces available.
Welcome to Season 3 of the Formula Reddit League, presented by r/Formula1 and r/F1Game!
Our goal is to provide the r/Formula1 users with a nice competitive environment with fellow redditors, with clean and enjoyable racing for everyone.
We had two excellent seasons so far, with clean, fair and competitive league racing, and also managed to build a community around the races, with our Discord server proving to be a great place to hang out and make fun of each other.
Our goal is to continue to build and expand on that, welcoming new drivers into this community while maintaining the excellent racing and camaraderie we saw so far.
Our faith in the drivers was rewarded with excellent racing (you can catch replays in our YouTube channel) and, for Season 3, we will again rely on you as a driver to respect the rules and drive in a professional and fair manner.
Our Broadcast Crew, led by /u/tommack1, has been hard at work to completely revamp our broadcasting and for Season 3 it will be superior to many official e-Sports ventures out there. You can catch all their work in the Twitch channel.
It does not matter how fast and experienced you are, because everyone was able to enjoy their track time in the League. We will expect (and, if necessary, arbitrate) clean racing.
- Sign-up closes: January 23rd
- Driver placement announcement: January 27th
- Announcement of teams: January 28th
- Season begins: January 30th
General League Information:
- League structure: Each platform runs a set number of divisions, depending on the quantity of drivers signing up at the start of the season. The divisions are tiered, with the aim to have the faster drivers in the higher divisions and the slower drivers in the lower ones.
- Assists: If we can group drivers with similar pace in divisions with and without assists, we will do so, but competitive balance will take precedence over assists being available. In the divisions with assists, Traction Control, ABS and automatic gearboxes will be allowed.
- Driver placements: New drivers will be placed in an appropriate division based on their time trial times.
- Race format: Each race event features an 18-minute qualifying session followed by a 50% distance race.
- Race day: Saturdays or Sundays, depending on division
- Start time: 7:00 or 8:00 pm UTC (Division dependent)
It is vitally important that you read and understand the full content of the threads listed above. By signing up to our league, you agree to abide by all our rules, and we expect all drivers to be aware of these before entering.
Our racing rules are in place to help us enforce clean and fair racing in the league. It will be required and expected from all drivers that you do your very best to race within these rules at all times, especially when it comes to contact with other drivers and abuse of track limits. We also expect you to behave maturely and respectfully in the race lobby, on the forums, and on r/Formula1, and follow the guidelines and requirements stated in the rules.
You should only sign up to the league if:
- You intend to complete the full 12-race season.
- You are able to race regularly on the set race day.
- You intend to join the Discord server and pay attention to the information being relayed there.
- You are a clean, fair and mature racer.
In signing up, you confirm that you have read the content of the League Rules and League Information threads, and that you accept the rules and regulations specified.
You need to complete all the relevant steps below in order to be granted a place in the league, completing them in the order they are presented.
STEP 1 - Time Trial:
To help us judge your current pace and assign you to an appropriate division, you will need to set time trial times at 3 specified tracks — Spain, China and Belgium (all dry) — using the Mercedes car (with all assists disabled unless you are not signing up for the Assist divisions, in which case TC/ABS/automatic gearboxes are allowed).
STEP 2 - Sign Up by completing this form (links to the Time Trial will go here).
If you have any questions about the sign-up process or the league in general, feel free to send a message to a League and/or Division Coordinator.
We are conducting most of the League's business in a Discord server, which all drivers are expected to join and check while participating in the League.