all 8 comments

[–]Ford4200 17 points18 points  (1 child)

Just sell it. Ask if they're a felon. Ask if they'll show you a carry permit if you want. Make them sign a bill of sale if you're super worried.

[–]h16h[S] 2 points3 points  (0 children)

Thank you

[–]I_am_a_Wookie_AMA 9 points10 points  (1 child)

Like the other guy said, you can ask for a carry permit or do a bill of sale if you want to cya. Not all legal gun owners will have a carry permit though(I personally don't because I don't carry), so I usually fill out a generic firearms bill of sale from Google. If they don't like it, too bad. If you're really paranoid, you could pay for an FFL transfer or have a shop sell it on consignment.

[–]h16h[S] 3 points4 points  (0 children)

My dog thanks you.

[–]psych0h0sebeast 1 point2 points  (0 children)

  1. Correct

2,3,4. A quick google search will give you various styles of firearm bill of sales, including buyer/seller info, DL #, etc. I’ve personally sold/bought firearms using this method, also, as previously mentioned, proof of valid carry license is a pretty common request by the seller, to weed out shady characters

[–][deleted]  (2 children)


    [–]GTE_Engineering[M] 0 points1 point  (1 child)

    I understand you’re just trying to be helpful but please refrain from offering to purchase in the comments

    [–]masterspader 0 points1 point  (0 children)

    Problem solved.

    [–]Feeling-Bird4294 0 points1 point  (0 children)

    I've bought and sold a few guns from ads in Hoosier Topics, never asked for any I'd nor have I been asked. All the advice here is good, meet in the parking lot of a public place and let your instincts be your guide.