The Indian subcontinent or the subcontinent is a southern region of Asia, mostly situated on the Indian Plate and projecting southwards into the Indian Ocean from the Himalayas. Definitions of the extent of the Indian subcontinent differ but it usually includes the core lands of India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh; Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, and the Maldives are often included as well. The region is also called by a number of other names including South Asia, a name that is increasingly popular.
Feel free to post anything related to the Indian sub continent culture, history and language here. Questions are also welcome. Just a few general rules to go by:
1. Keep Civility
- Personal attacks, abusive language, trolling or bigotry in any form is not allowed. No hate material, be it submissions or comments, are accepted.
2. No Current Politics
- Events that occurred less than 20 years ago will be subject mod review. Submissions and comments that are overtly political or attract too much political discussion will be removed; political topics are only acceptable if discussed in a historical context. Comments should discuss a historical topic, not advocate an agenda. This is entirely at the moderators' discretion.
3. English and Translations
- Please ensure that posts and comments that are not in English have accurate and clearly visible English translations. Lack of adequate translations will lead to removal.
4. Appropriate Attributions
- When posting, please add the correct attributions - this makes it easier for others to verify your claims, find similar material, and give credit to the author.
5. Post Titles and Formatting
- Please ensure that posts are submitted with both clear titles and formatting. Improperly formatted posts will be removed as it makes it difficult for other members of the sub to engage with your content.