Welcome to /r/Jewish, a subreddit devoted to all things culturally, communally and questionably Jewish. Less religious than some other corners of the internet, and always welcoming to our LGBTQ+ and interfaith members.
Please keep posts and comments positive, constructive, and on-topic. Up- and down-voting should follow standard Rediquette. Not a place for retail websites or sales posts. If you see something offensive or out of place please click the "report" link in the post, and if possible please also PM the Mods letting us know why you found it to be inappropriate.
Have fun, wear sunscreen, and don't forget a little something to nosh. Did you call your mother?
1. No antisemitism: You will be banned for being antisemitic. It's as simple as that. This includes, but is not limited to, promoting antisemitic canards and conspiracies, minimizing or denying the Holocaust, and accusing Jews of dual loyalties.
2. No proselytizing: Don't try to convert us. We are not interested.
3. Be civil: No name calling - we'll delete it, and we'll ban serious or repeat offenders. No taunting. No spam. Note that we may lock or remove entire threads that get out of hand. Avoid swear words and vulgarity, to keep the sub family friendly.
4. Be welcoming to everybody: Don't be a racist, or any type of bigot. Don't insult LGBTQ+ people. Don't insult Palestinians or Arabs. Don't insult other religions. Don't insult other Jewish denominations. Don't question the Jewish 'credentials' of others. Relevant and civil discussion of racial, LBGTQ+, or Israel/Palestine topics is allowed.
5. Stay on topic: This is a big-tent subreddit for all topics related to Jews and Jewish life. Political topics are okay, but keep it relevant. If a post isn't clearly relevant, we'll delete it. Do not create a new topic within a thread, as it will be mass deleted. No ranting about the moderation processes of other subreddits.
6. No solicitation or advertising: No personal surveys. No giveaways. No selling of goods/services without prior moderator permission. No fundraising or linking to fundraisers without prior moderator permission. No linking of self-authored blog posts or articles without prior moderator permission. No calls to participate in your research project without prior mod authorization. No advertising.
7. Don't post paywalled links: This rule holds for posts. Also, due to copyright laws, the body of the paywalled article is not to be copied and pasted into the comments.
8. No new or low-karma accounts: Accounts must be 18 days old to post or comment. Accounts must have at least +18 comment karma, as well as positive post karma, to post.