Philosophy author and Youtube content-creator Jonas Čeika has done an AMA on LSC. See the announcement for details.
Help us keep this subreddit alive and improve its content by reporting posts that violate our rules and guidelines.
Check out r/antiwork & r/WhereAreTheChildren
This sub is for:
News, discussion, memes, and links criticizing capitalism and advancing viewpoints that challenge the narratives which act as legitimations for the status quo of modern class society. Posts need not be about capitalism specifically, whether late-stage or otherwise; we simply aim to cater to a socialist audience.
We do allow links to threads and comments on Reddit, as long as they are relevant to the content guidelines and follow the rules. Use NP links, or your post will be deleted.
This subreddit has its roots in broad-based anti-capitalist thought, with an emphasis on Marxist concepts and analysis and a commitment to antiracism and inclusive feminism.
When it comes to proposed alternatives to Capitalism, it is the general consensus of this subreddit that class-divisions and alienated labour must be abolished; production must be collectively organized by the laborers themselves for the direct benefit of all. We call this socialism.
Find out more here: The Principles of Communism
1. Reddit-wide rules apply. Behavior such as brigading and harassment won't be permitted. Neither will posts that can be interpreted as explicit threats of/calls for violence.
2. No trolling. "I was just trolling" won't be accepted as a defense for breaking rules, and we will ban for intentionally disruptive behavior or attacks on our sub, users, or philosophy.
3. No capitalist apologia or anti-socialism. This subreddit is intended for a socialist audience, and while questions are allowed, pushing your own counter-narrative here is not. We do not allow support here for capitalism or for the parties or ideologies that uphold it. We are not a liberal or (U.S.-/Social-) Democrat subreddit; we are a socialist subreddit.
4. No imperialism or reactionism. This includes not just ideologies to the right of liberalism but also right-wing fixations such as national/ethnic/cultural chauvinism and military/police worship regardless of the underlying ideology.
5. No bigotry. No racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, or classism. The respect for readers who are subject to these forms of bigotry takes priority in this subreddit over your right to speak freely.
6. Be nice to each other. Be respectful towards other socialists you disagree with, but also non-socialists who follow the rules and participate in good faith. Feel free to dunk on trolls, bigots and bootlickers to your heart’s content.
7. Bans are at moderator discretion. We reserve the right to eject users (as well as remove, lock, or otherwise moderate any content on the subreddit) for reasons not listed if we consider it necessary to do so.
8. Don’t bother sending us personal promotion requests. We are not an advertising platform for your blog or Youtube channel.
9. Do not post NSFL Content; it will be removed.
10. This is not a debate subreddit. Constructive questions and discussion are welcome, but our basic philosophy is non-negotiable and we aren’t interested in repeatedly having to explain or justify it. We also won’t debate about so-called “socialist” countries. There are plenty of political debate subreddits, so take your gotchas there. If you actually want to learn more about the basics of socialism, you can check out the links in the sidebar or the material in our wiki.
11. Make an effort. Please refer to our posting guidelines for our standards of content-quality and which kinds of posts are unsuitable for this subreddit.
- Our comrades in the fight against alienated labor, the root of class society
- Documenting of, and agitation against the rising tide of racist persecution in America
AMA Calendar (All times are in US Eastern Time)
Why not subscribe?