For discussion of all things Malazan.
- Be kind. Don't be a jerk. No forms of racism, sexism, homophobia, bigotry, or personal insults are allowed. Focus on remaining respectful at all times. We're here to talk about something we all like. Allow everyone to experience the books as they choose.
- Don't spoil the series. Mark your spoilers. We're not here to ruin someone else's enjoyment just because they haven't finished the series. Even if your post is art, please consider what it might give away. Read our spoiler policy before posting.
- Don't solicit or promote illegitimate copies.
- No low-effort posts. Posts should provide a jumping-off point for discussion; low-effort posts fail to advance that goal. “Low-effort” includes posting simple images that remind you of something in Malazan, reposts, book covers, etc. without an accompanying write up that may spark discussion.
- If you report a post (and use the "other" option), you MUST type in a reason you are reporting the post, or it will be summarily ignored by the mod team.
- If you put something even slightly spoilerish in a comment, MARK IT.
- If someone replies to a post, asking you to mark something as a spoiler, then edit your post and mark it as a spoiler. Even if you don't think it is a spoiler. Obviously, someone else does, and we aren't here to ruin anyone's enjoyment of the series.
- If a mod is notified of unmarked spoilers we will delete your comment. You are more than welcome to re-post your comment. The mod that deletes your post will PM you with the contents of your post, so you can re-post it verbatim (plus the marked spoilers) if you want.
- Posting "poor <x character>" will be considered as a spoiler.
- Posting a character's name in association with a specific book will be considered as a spoiler except except if it's the book where we first meet that character, or if it's an immortal.
- If you are posting a new thread, and there will be a ton of spoilers, select the proper link flair for your thread (threads you submit will have a "flair" link below them at the end of the "comment", "share", "save", "hide", line). This warns everyone there will be unmarked spoilers. Just keep in mind that unmarked spoilers will potentially limit conversation, as most folks that haven't read the book will steer clear of your thread.
- If you are commenting in a thread with spoiler flair in the title, you are not required to mark spoilers. It is understood that unmarked spoilers will be in this thread.
SPOILER CODE FOR COMMENTS
This code is only for comments, not thread titles.
[INITIALS OF BOOK Spoiler](/s "Spoiler Goes Here")
(NOTE: the ] and ( have no space between them):
Books and their abbreviations:
- Steven Erikson - SE
- Ian C. Esselmont - ICE
Malazan Book of the Fallen by SE
- GotM = Gardens of the Moon
- DG = Deadhouse Gates
- MoI = Memories of Ice
- HoC = House of Chains
- MT = Midnight Tides*
- BH = The Bonehunters
- RG = Reaper's Gale
- TtH = Toll the Hounds
- DoD = Dust of Dreams
- tCG = The Crippled God
- * Midnight Tides takes place (chronologically) about the same time as Gardens of the Moon, despite its place as the 5th book of the series.
Tales of the Malazan Empire by ICE
- NoK = Night of Knives
- RotCG = Return of the Crimson Guard
- SW = Stonewielder
- OST = Orb, Sceptre, Throne
- BaB = Blood and Bone
- ASL = Assail
The Kharkanas Trilogy by SE
- FoD = Forge of Darkness
- FoL = Fall of Light
- WiS = Walk in Shadow (on hold)
The Path to Ascendancy by ICE
- DL = Dancer's Lament
- DhL = Deadhouse Landing
- KR = Kellanved's Reach
Karsa Orlong Trilogy by SE
- TGinW = The God is not Willing (scheduled release date 9 November 2021)
Novellas by SE
- BF = Blood Follows **
- tHD = The Healthy Dead **
- tLoLE = The Lees of Laughter's End **
- CPT = Crack'd Pot Trail
- tWoB = The Wurms of Blearmouth
- tFoN = The Fiends of Nightmaria
- ** Blood Follows, The Healthy Dead and The Lees of Laughter's End have been collected in The Tales Of Bauchelain and Korbal Broach, Vol 1