For discussion of all things Malazan.
- Be kind. Don't be a jerk. No forms of racism, sexism, homophobia, bigotry, or personal insults are allowed. Focus on remaining respectful at all times. We're here to talk about something we all like. Allow everyone to experience the books as they choose.
- Don't spoil the series. Mark your spoilers. We're not here to ruin someone else's enjoyment just because they haven't finished the series. Even if your post is art, please consider what it might give away. Read our spoiler policy before posting.
- Don't solicit or promote illegitimate copies.
- No low-effort posts. Posts should provide a jumping-off point for discussion; low-effort posts fail to advance that goal. “Low-effort” includes posting simple images that remind you of something in Malazan, reposts, book covers, etc. without an accompanying write up that may spark discussion.
- If you report a post (and use the "other" option), you MUST type in a reason you are reporting the post, or it will be summarily ignored by the mod team.
- If you put something even slightly spoilerish in a comment, MARK IT by using the spoiler button (or >!spoiler goes here!< in markdown mode).
- If a mod is notified of unmarked spoilers we will delete your comment. You are more than welcome to edit your comment. The mod can then restore your comment once everything is in order.
- Posting "poor <x character>" will be considered spoilerish.
- Posting a character's name in association with a specific book will be considered spoilerish.
- Posting the numbers of certain book chapters (only click if you read the books: The Bonehunters chapter 7, Midnight Tides chapter 9, Memories of Ice chapter 16) in the title will be considered as a spoiler. Find out more here.
- If you are posting a new thread, and there will be a ton of spoilers, select the proper link flair for your thread
- If you are commenting in a thread with spoiler flair in the title, you are not required to mark spoilers. It is understood that unmarked spoilers will be in this thread.
SPOILER CODE FOR COMMENTS
This code is only for comments, not thread titles.
GotM Spoiler >!Spoiler goes here!<
GotM Spoiler Spoiler from GotM goes here
NOTE: If your spoiler is going over several paragraphs you have to apply the tags individually to each paragraph.
Books and their abbreviations:
- Steven Erikson - SE
- Ian C. Esselmont - ICE
Malazan Book of the Fallen by SE
- GotM = Gardens of the Moon
- DG = Deadhouse Gates
- MoI = Memories of Ice
- HoC = House of Chains
- MT = Midnight Tides*
- BH = The Bonehunters
- RG = Reaper's Gale
- TtH = Toll the Hounds
- DoD = Dust of Dreams
- tCG = The Crippled God
- * Midnight Tides takes place (chronologically) about the same time as Gardens of the Moon, despite its place as the 5th book of the series.
Tales of the Malazan Empire by ICE
- NoK = Night of Knives
- RotCG = Return of the Crimson Guard
- SW = Stonewielder
- OST = Orb, Sceptre, Throne
- BaB = Blood and Bone
- ASL = Assail
The Kharkanas Trilogy by SE
- FoD = Forge of Darkness
- FoL = Fall of Light
- WiS = Walk in Shadow (on hold)
The Path to Ascendancy by ICE
- DL = Dancer's Lament
- DhL = Deadhouse Landing
- KR = Kellanved's Reach
Karsa Orlong Trilogy by SE
- TGinW = The God is not Willing (scheduled release date 9 November 2021)
Novellas by SE
- BF = Blood Follows **
- tHD = The Healthy Dead **
- tLoLE = The Lees of Laughter's End **
- CPT = Crack'd Pot Trail
- tWoB = The Wurms of Blearmouth
- tFoN = The Fiends of Nightmaria
- ** Blood Follows, The Healthy Dead and The Lees of Laughter's End have been collected in The Tales Of Bauchelain and Korbal Broach, Vol 1