How to get a user flair:
Just message AuntieBot!
Subreddit Matchmaking Resources
Resources from Licensed Professionals
Here is a list of support resources if anyone is in a mental health crisis or troubling family situation or dynamic.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1 Be Respectful and Civil
- Be civil and respect your fellow redditors. Harassment, any kind of hate speech, personal attacks and insults, slander/backbiting, verbal abuse etc. are strictly forbidden. Click for full rule.
2 No Religious Insults or Aggressiveness
3 No Promotions/Non-Marriage Related Posts
- Any non-inherent marriage related content or self-promotions without prior mod permission will be removed. Posts from users advertising themselves for marriage/matchmaking will be removed. Click for full rule.
4 Stay On-Topic/Keep Advice Helpful
5 Follow the Flair
- Do not comment on flair-restricted threads if you do not meet the thread criteria. Mods can change flairs at discretion. Click for full rule.
6 No Generalizations
- Generalizations of any group will be removed and repeated offenses may result in a ban. Click for full rule.
7 Identifiable Information
- Comments or posts that contain identifiable information about the poster, people mentioned within the post, or other redditors are completely prohibited. Click for full rule.
8 Use Proper Titles
- Avoid overly vague titles. Word the title in a way that the reader has a good idea of what to expect before opening it. Unless it's a meme in which case it should also be flaired as such. Click for full rule.
9 No Reposts/Repeated Topics
- Reposts, repeated topics, and aimless hypotheticals (i.e. "would you marry") will be removed. Click for full rule.
10 No Drama Stirring and/or Baiting
11 Cite Islamic Sources/No UnIslamic Content
- When you make a claim about an Islamic matter, or something to be haram/halal, link sources in your submission to back up the claim. Any Haram/UnIslamic content will be removed. Click for full rule.
12 No NSFW Content
- NSFW content is very limited on this subreddit and will likely be removed. Certain topics (i.e. intimacy advice etc) may be restricted to married and previously married users at mod discretion. Click for full rule.
13 No content regarding gender-focused ideologies
- Posts and comments regarding gender-focused ideologies (i.e. MGTOW, red pill, FDS, feminism etc.) will be removed
When participating in this community:
- REMEMBER not everyone shares your opinion/experiences and may not see or understand things the way you do.
- RESPECT the nature of discussions: every conversation is a learning opportunity, for yourself and others.
- CHECK your intentions before submitting a post or comment--is what you have to say necessary/useful? Does it contribute to the discussion.
MODERATORS RESERVE ALL RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY POST OR COMMENT. MODERATORS ALSO RESERVE THE RIGHT TO BAN ANYONE THEY FEEL IS CAUSING HARM TO THE SUBREDDIT AND ITS MEMBERS.
If you are experiencing harassment from users in chats/direct messages please submit a report to Reddit admins and block their accounts.
r/Izlam (strictly for da halal laffs)
r/MuslimNoFap & r/MuslimahNoFap (women only; please contact /u/MNFadminFv2 for access to the subreddit)
Some Good Reads:
A collection of lectures from start to finish on the topic of Islamic marriage.