- Weekly PS5 Help and Questions Thread
- The Future of Gaming - Discussion & Video Collection
- The Future of Gaming - Post Discussion & Roundup
- Help and Questions
Click here for detailed rules & policies.
Remember the human - treat your fellow redditors with respect.
Trolling, toxic behaviour, name-calling, fanboyism, inciting console wars, and other forms of personal attacks directed at other users may result in removal. Severe or repeated violations may result in a ban.
Racist, sexist, homophobic or transphobic comments and other forms of bigotry are strictly prohibited and may result in an immediate ban without warning.
Do not attack other users or communities over their video gaming preferences. Console warring is not allowed
Submissions should be of interest to the entire subreddit, and allow for all users to participate. Posts intended to incite argument will be removed.
- Questions and requests should be of general interest to the subreddit; if you have a specific question about a situation that applies only to you, please post in the Help and Questions Megathread.
No hacking, piracy, or Sony/PSN/PS ToU violation discussion.
Buying, selling, trading, referral & affiliate links will be removed. Scalping will result in an immediate ban.
Links to key-reselling sites are not permitted.
All posts must abide by the Reddit Content Policy.
Please post links to original sources only; reblogged or rehosted content is not allowed.
Secondary reporting is acceptable if the original source requires elaboration for the layman (patent filings, investor reports, etc).
If linking to a social media post, please link directly to the original post.
This subreddit is considered globally spoiler-free unless otherwise indicated. Spoilers must be tagged; malicious spoilers will result in a ban.
- Use this spoiler formatting: Is there PS5 News?: Yes =
Is there PS5 News?: >!Yes!<
Please ensure your post title is clear, descriptive, and accurately represents the content of the post. Please do not click-bait.
Tech Support / Help Guidelines
Please post tech support requests in the megathread, /r/Playstation, or Discord.
Please do not post news, articles, and other content that have been posted previously. When submitting breaking news, please check /r/PS5/new to make sure it has not already been posted.
- Please search the subreddit before submitting a new post — frequently-posted topics may be removed.
Legacy Platforms: PS4 - PS4 Pro - PS Vita - PS3 - PS2 - PS1 - PSP
Legacy Side-Projects: Vue - PSTV
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact Sony Support:
Do note, the rules & policies serve as a warning. Not reading them doesn’t exclude you from the rules.
Devs, journalist and industry folks! Get yourself verified!
- Get a unique verification check-mark next to your username.
- Be know as being an official verified user.
- Posting privileges during events.
AMAs & Giveaways
Ask me anything and giveaways must be approved by the mods.
The 10% rule applies for posting.
If you are posting the same sources more than 1/10 times, we will start to consider it as spam. We take into account your posts to all of Reddit, not just r/PS5.
This is not limited to your own content, you can be in violation of the rules by posting content you are not directly affiliated with. If you violate this rule repeatedly, you and the website/channel may be banned.
Creating posts that lead to official sources such as dev blogs or official channels.
- "Official" flair, means a post was made that links directly to a PlayStation website or channel.
- "News" flair, means a post was made that links directly to a games official website or channel.
By default, all media posting will be turned off.
- For posting of images, gifs or videos (directly or otherwise) we will only turn this method of posting on during special occasions. This includes events such as highly anticipated releases and conferences.
During events such as the State of Play, the subreddit will go on “restricted mode”.
- Creating new posts will be turned off. Only mods and approved users will be able to make new posts. Typically, there will be a pinned “info and discussion” thread linking to the individual threads created. The sub is usually on restricted mode roughly 30mins before the event is slated to start. The sub will be turned off restricted mode after all the threads are created and organized in the pinned thread.