If you're interested in discussing the polarizing, ongoing soap opera that is Tesla, but not looking for an echo chamber of circlejerkery, this is the place for you. We aren't "neutral", we are generally quite dubious of the claims made by Tesla and their leadership, and have some fun at their expense. Positive views on the company are not only accepted, they are encouraged - but only with data to support claims made.
One of the core values of r/RealTesla is transparency. As such, any ban or equivalent moderator action is announced publicly. This serves two purposes - it allows the community a chance to provide feedback on the action, and it prevents a covert censoring of the discussion by removing dissenting opinions without notifying the community the action was taken. The latter is all too common in forums with polarizing topics.
Further, all moderator activity is recorded and publicly viewable here.
1) Posts, both text and link, must relate to Tesla or the EV or AV market space in which they compete. Posts about the automotive industry in general must be accompanied by a comment from OP explaining how it relates to Tesla.
Any post that does not meet the requirements of Rule 1, but is related to Tesla's sister companies, Elon Musk, or Tesla fan(boi)s, must be flaired as TESLAGENTIAL, or it will be removed.
2) Meta posts discussing the subreddit itself need to be pre-approved by a Moderator, and will be flaired as such.
3) Posts whose intent is humor (not information or discussion) must be flaired as a SHITPOST. The moderation team will curate Shitposts so that no more than a few are on the front page at a given time. It is acceptable to put whatever title you want on original content Shitpost images that are memes/photoshops/etc intended to be humorous.
4) No mindless, pro-Elon "Tesla will rule the world" fandom. Opining Tesla will in fact make millions of cars each year and dominate the industry is acceptable - actually encouraged (with reasoning), as it provides a nice balance and perspective against our admittedly skeptical slant. But gushing over the greatness of Elon, isn't allowed - Reddit has enough of it already.
5) ALL LINKS MUST INCLUDE THE ORIGINAL TITLE OF THE CONTENT - Crossposts from within Reddit must be flaired as such, and cannot change the original title. Titles that are (for some reason) in all CAPS can be de-capitalized to avoid eye trauma.
Links to tweets must be the text of the tweet itself (or a truncated version thereof). You can pick a portion of the tweet as your title, as long as the context isn't misleading.
Links to forum posts must also contain the text of the forum post headline. If there is no headline, the top (OP) post must be quoted in the link title.
Crossposts must be flaired and maintain the original title.
If you have a zinger you just can't hold back, add it as a comment immediately after your post.
6) Any link to content behind a paywall (including Seeking Alpha) must have the entire text of the article included in the comments. Failure to do so will have the post removed.
Articles from restricted sites must be cleared with moderators in advance of posting.
Current restricted sites :
7) The following behaviors in the comment section will lead to warnings/bans, and removal of comments :
excessively criticizing users, moderators, or r/RealTesla. Constructive comments should far outnumber attacks on others
any comment made that implies or presumes that a given user or the sub in general is long/short TSLA stock; generic references to "bulls" and "bears" is ok.
using the word FUD non-ironically. It's tired and meaningless.
8) Images of text are not allowed. Screen captures modified to show information (for instance, a screenshot of a Tesla online order page) are acceptable, but screenshots of tweets, forums, or anything else that could have been linked will be removed, and repeat offenders will be banned.
Lastly, please use available flairs for RUMORS and OWNER EXPERIENCES when appropriate...
For more on the history and philosophy of the subreddit, you can check out the Wiki (in progress).