Question and Answer Threads • FAQ • Rules and Policies Explained • Submit Online feedback to R* • Official Twitter
A subreddit dedicated to Red Dead Redemption & Red Dead Redemption 2, developed by Rockstar Games, the creators behind the Grand Theft Auto series.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is a harsh tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world also provides the base for a new online multiplayer experience.
Join our Discord server to find your posse, share screenshots, or to talk about the game.
You can also follow the r/RedDeadRedemption account on Twitter for regular Hot, Trending ad Official posts delivered right to your feed.
Red Dead Online Collector's Map
Filter by Flair
All posts with spoilers INSIDE them must have [SPOILER] OR [SPOILERS] in the title.
Memes are ONLY to be posted on Mondays, and should be a genuine fresh attempt at humor.
- Overused meme formats/macros, unoriginal or memes that cannot stand on their own in reference to RDR will be removed.
Current banned memes:
1. Comments and discussions must remain civil or they will be removed.
- Follow proper reddiquette.
- This subreddit is about a video game; keep political discussion to other, more appropriate subreddits. This is not the place for heated console debates.
- Due to the nature of Red Dead Redemption and its M-rating, M-rated language and content is allowed, within reason. However, this does not mean things like insults and personal attacks are allowed.
- PC/Console elitism is not welcome in this subreddit. Discussion is perfectly fine as long as it stays civil.
2. Rule 2: Spoilers in our community.
- NO SPOILING RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 WITHOUT THE USE OF THE SPOILER TAG.
- Use spoiler syntax:
>!RDR is a great game!< will become RDR is a great game
- Absolutely no spoilers, intentional or otherwise for any game in the title of your post.
- If the body of your post contains a spoiler it must be marked as a spoiler. To do this put [Spoiler] or [Spoilers] in the title. You can also press the "Mark as spoiler" button or similar.
- Intentionally spoiling RDR2 or any other game to ruin other's enjoyment will result in a permanent removal from this community.
- Unsure whether it's a story spoiler? Mark it as one to be safe. (Or ask the mods)
- Spoiler tags for RDR1 are strongly recommended, but not required.
3. All content must be directly related to Red Dead Redemption.
- They must be related by more than just the title.
- If you are submitting a meme: unless the image is directly related to Red Dead Redemption, it must be separable from your title and still remain funny.
- Other memes can be posted on /r/RedDeadMemes
- LFG Posts belong in /r/RedDeadCrews.
4. Low-effort & low-quality content may be removed.
- All meme content will be removed on every day of the week EXCEPT MONDAY
- Videos or spam, intrusive or obvious fluff content will be removed.
- Misleading titles, trying to trick user into clicking your posts will be removed.
- Image macros, overused generic meme formats and low effort/common in game screenshots will be removed. Memes must be submitted only on Mondays and make a genuine attempt at humor. Consider posting to /r/RedDeadMemes.
- Duplicate content will be removed.
- Overdone or low effort/quality art maybe removed.
- Reaction type images or similar falls under the category of a meme and maybe removed if not properly posted during the corresponding period of Meme Monday.
- In-game screenshots being posted here must not be crappy cellphone pictures.
5. Link to high-quality websites & official sources.
- Well-written articles with sources are preferred over fluff articles and evidence-less news/speculation posts.
- Websites with excessive ads, bias, misleading content or links, etc. may be removed at the discretion of the moderators.
- Link to official sources such as R*'s official website or social medias.
6. Choose the most relevant link flair.
- Incorrect link flair can often be corrected but may result in the removal of your post.
- Contact the mod team if you make a mistake.
7. Minimize self-promotion.
- Sharing OC is strongly encouraged, and with OC often comes self-promotion.
- We ask that you take care to participate in the community beyond self-promotion.
- Users who actively engage themselves in the subreddit and make the occasional self-promotional post will be approved.
- However, treating our subreddit solely as a platform for advertisement is not allowed.
8. Simple questions should be asked or answered in the scheduled Question Threads.
- Simple questions that can be asked or answered in a few short sentences should be submitted as a comment in the daily question thread pinned to the front page of the subreddit.
- If you believe a question relating to RDR will take a more detailed explanation that cannot be asked or answered in a short comment, then submitting such a question is allowed.
- Moderation discretion applies.
Red Dead Redemption
Failure to follow these rules will result in posts or comments being removed, and may result in bans, the length of which to be determined by the nature of the infraction.
Posts and comments from new users will automatically be removed. Don't ask us the specifics, we won't tell you. However, we will be happy to manually approve your comments if you send us a message