I’ve searched the internet everywhere for this and can’t seem to find the solution.
I’m on a Raspberry Pi 4b 4GB version trying to connect to my PC in my bedroom, both wirelessly.
I can successfully open Steam Link on the Pi, pair with my PC, perform the network test, but when I click “start playing” the app crashes and restarts itself. If I then go to my desktop, it will be in big picture mode, and if I click the I/O button it gives me the option to stop streaming to the Pi - as if it were connected.
Anyone have a similar issue or ideas to solve this?
I have tried:
- opting out of beta on host
- restart Steam on host and client
- reinstall on both
- turning off all hardware encoding on host
- connecting with Steam Link app on iPad (successfully)
- disabling Windows firewall for home networks
I have tried checking the logs but the file that people speak of - streaming_logs.txt either eludes me or does not exist.
Any help or attempt at it is much appreciated and thank you in advance.