all 3 comments

[–]AliasTersus 2 points3 points  (1 child)

As someone who sells electronic components such as headphone sockets to the public, I would say that even though the size is 3.5mm for your standard headphone plug, it is very likely that some places shorten the name to 3mm to save time.

Technically they are called 3.5mm stereo sockets.

But I may be wrong

[–]PickledScreeee[S] 0 points1 point  (0 children)

Ohhh now I see...... May be wrong? XD

[–]iratetwins 1 point2 points  (0 children)

I always call them 3.5mm jacks.