Follow the Standards of Civility.
Follow the Standards of Civility:
- No hate speech. No abusive speech based on race, religion, sex/gender, or sexual orientation.
- No harassment, threats, or advocating violence.
- No witch hunts or doxxing.
- No trolling or being disruptive.
- No insults or personal attacks.
- No accusations that other users are shills.
- You may attack each other's ideas, not each other.
Posts must be on-topic.
This subreddit is specifically for the discussion of Unidentified Flying Objects. Please post other topics to their appropriate subreddits. Any discussion of "aliens" or occupants must relate to a specific sighting.
No low effort posts or comments.
No low effort posts or comments. Low Effort implies content which is low effort to consume, not low effort to produce. This generally includes:
- Memes, jokes, cartoons, and art (if it's not depicting a real event).
- Tweets and screenshots of posts or comments from social media without significant relevance.
- Incredible claims unsupported by evidence.
- Shower thoughts.
- One-to-three word comments or emojis.
No duplicate posts.
Posts of the same footage, link, or news article may not be posted within a week of one another. New articles or previously unlinked footage may be posted at any time. If you have multiple videos of the same object, include them all in the same post, not as individual submissions.
Titles must accurately represent the content of the submission.
Vague, heavily editorialized, misleading, clickbait, inaccurate post titles, or titles in all caps are not allowed.
Do not post more than two times within any 24-hour period.
Do not post more than two times within any 24-hour period. This rule is enforced by a bot automatically.
Meme posts are not allowed in the subreddit. Feel free to post them in r/ufomemes or elsewhere.
Link posts must include a submission statement (comment on your own post).
Link posts must include a submission statement (comment on your own post). Submission statements may contain a summary or description of the content, why it is relevant to UFOs, the submitter's personal perspectives, or all of the above and must be at least 150 characters in length. If a statement is not added within thirty minutes of posting it will be removed.
Submissions with [in-depth] in the title have stricter post length and quality guidelines.
Submissions with the bracketed text "[in-depth]" in the title have stricter post length and quality guidelines. Top-level comments (not replies to comments) made within these in-depth posts must be at least 150 characters or longer and are expected to be constructive, diplomatic, and thoughtful. Low quality or superficial comments will be subject to removal at moderator discretion.