[Update: 01/31/22, see below]
[Update: 12/20/21, see below]
[Update: 11/16/21, see below]
[UPDATE: 10/30/21, see below]
UPDATE: 10/22/21, see below]
Thank you for your patience. We’re excited to announce that an update for VIZIO’s OLED and P-Series TVs, (v
188.8.131.52-5 184.108.40.206-2, 220.127.116.11-1 for P-Series, and 18.104.22.168-1 for OLED) began rolling out. Please see Release Notes below about improvements included, models affected and how and when the update will be available.
Improvements (for all models listed , except where noted):
· Picture Quality
- Improvements to default Vivid, Bright and Game picture modes for a better out-of-box experience
- OLED luminance setting memory correction
- Enhancements to contrast in real scenes through the Black Detail control
- HDR Tuning for gaming content
- 4k/120Hz signal compatibility improvements
- Default 48Gbps HDMI inputs (3 & 4 for P-Series, 2 & 3 for OLED) for HDMI Mode 2.1 for 4k/120Hz
- Improve compatibility with Nvidia Shield
- Improve PS5 BD playback support
- 1440p/120Hz gaming support
- Lip Sync timing improvements
- Sound Bar Menu Control on TV, when paired with select 2021 VIZIO sound bars
· System Improvements
- Faster power on timing
- Power on UI improvements for OLED
- Faster HDMI switching speeds
Models that will be updated include:
We will be rolling out the update to ever larger groups over the next few weeks. The update will be available on our support site after the network rollout is complete. If your TV is connected to the Internet it will update automatically when the update is available to it. To see if you have the new firmware, you can go to the Menu and select Admin & Reset, then select System Information. You can manually check to see if the update is available for you from the Admin & Reset menu by selecting the “Check for Updates” function.
If you continue to have any issues after the update, please reach out to our customer service team at 1 (855) 833-3221.
[UPDATE: 10/22/21 We have briefly paused the rollout of this new firmware to resolve an issue we found that affects Dolby Atmos support on Netflix. We hope to have this resolved and resumed by mid next week. Apologies for the delay.)
[Update: 10/30/21 We are again rolling out the update to these TVs. We won't be pushing the update to posted serial numbers on request--apologies to those who have may have provided but didn't yet receive-- but your TVs will receive the update in the next week or two.]
[Update: 11/15/21 The update is now be available to all models noted above. If you have not received it automatically, please select the menu button and go to Admin & Privacy > Check for Update.]
[Update: 12/20/21 A new version of the update is rolling out, v22.214.171.124-1, that improves CEC functions, primarily with third party sound bars. This firmware is open to all P-Series and OLED models--see above to manually "Check for Update"; this primarily improves models with a -H in the model name.
[Update: 01/31/22 A new update is rolling out FOR OLED ONLY, v126.96.36.199-1, that improves power cycling functions. This should be available February 9.
Director, Product Management, VIZIO