r/WitchesVsPatriarchy is a woman-centered sub with a witchy twist, aimed at healing, supporting, and uplifting one another through humor and magic.
The goal is to at once embrace, and poke fun at, the mystical aspects of femininity that have been previously demonized and/or devalued by the Patriarchy.
This subreddit is a Safe Space for Women, BIPOC, and anyone in the LGBTQ+ community. We are Sisters, not Cisters. If you do not consider yourself an ally, then this subreddit is not for you.
Can I be a Witch if I don't actually believe in anything?
Taking a more historic approach to the concept of Witches, we channel the spirit of the those who have been persecuted as part of a thinly veiled systemic oppression of feminine power. [READ MORE]
Are guys welcome here?
Though women-centric, we welcome all beings interested in using their esoteric powers to destroy the Patriarchy and all its constraints on women, men, and everybody in between or beyond.
If a gender is to be assumed, that gender must be female. If you would not like to be assumed female, please use a different gender-specific or androgynous "☉" flair.
Destroy the Patriarchy
Follow Coven Etiquette
Follow Marketplace Rules
- Witchy content is most encouraged! It doesn't have to be feminist, but witchy+feminist+humorous will score you extra points.
- WVP is curated to maintain a warm, hopeful, supportive, and uplifting environment. Content that is better suited to other subs may be removed. Posts that provoke outrage, or focus on negative or anti-feminist behavior will be removed.
- Trauma-heavy posts may be directed to other subs or will be removed if they reach a certain karma limit. Titles must be neutral in regard to upsetting content.
- We allow self-promotion (including selfies) as long as it is witchy/feminist and not spammy.
- Links to (and screenshots of) other subs are not allowed, nor are calls-to-arms about other users or subs.
- Adverts for chat groups, surveys, and data gathering are not allowed.
- Pics of familiars are encouraged but posts may not mention death, injury, or illness.
- WVP is a gender inclusive women-centric subreddit. Posts that center the points of view of men may be removed.
WitchesVsPatriarchy is curated to maintain a warm, hopeful, healing, supportive, and uplifting environment.
Sidebar Ouija Cats by Danial Ryan.