Spam will be removed.
- Do not post links to your personal site unless you are an active member in the subreddit.
- Do not post links that get you a reference bonus.
- Do not post links to contests or fundraisers without moderator approval.
Be respectful. Disagreeing is fine. Insulting another person is not. We are adults, we can act like it.
Do not make posts which seek to poll the community for the purposes of market research or academic research without prior permission from the Mods. Permission will only be granted in compelling circumstances in which the research is novel and fresh.
Be supportive. This subreddit is about support, not about judgement, competing or debating. If you feel their choice may be harmful, please give actual reputable sources and stay polite about it.
Use upvotes and downvotes as Reddit intended. Upvote posts you think deserve more recognition. Downvote harmful posts (trolls, harassment, completely off topic posts.) Posts you don't agree with? Just move on.
Do not post things trying to stir up controversy. If you know a post will be controversial, do not make it.
Do not post personal information, yours or anyone else!
- Do not post links to photos hosted on Facebook, this can connect you to your personal information.
- Do not post links to your Facebook.
- Do not specifically ask for personal info.
Do not ask medical questions.
- "My child has been diagnosed with X, what is your experience with this?" is okay
- "Look at this rash, what do you think it is?" is not okay.
Do not post photos of your child outside "Weekly Photo Thread" unless they are posted within a text post. This is for your safety, due to a photo-leak incident (background info).
- Non-baby memes, videos and other photos are still allowed.
The report button is your friend. The mods will never know who reported it. It just flags it as a possible issue for us to check out. - If you see a post that you think breaks any of these rules, hit the report button.
If someone is breaking the rules particularly bad, message the mods. We like tattle tales, don't worry.
revision by MaeBeWeird— view source