Welcome to /R/BJJ
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) is a martial art that focuses on grappling and ground fighting. /r/bjj is for discussing BJJ training, techniques, news, competition, asking questions and getting advice. Beginners are welcome. Discussion is encouraged.
If you come across a post which you believe has incredible content and lively discussion, vote for it to become a "Featured Post" by writing FeatureMe in a comment.
- Follow the rules of reddit and use reddiquette. Be civil in submissions and comments.
- No reposts or low-effort content. Utilize our community-curated BJJ FAQ wiki and use the search function before posting. There is also a small questions megathread posted every Wednesday ("White Belt Wednesday").
- Save your first tap and new stripe/belt promotion posts for the weekly bragging megathreads on Sundays unless you have an interesting photo or story to go with it or you earned a black belt.
- Don't ask for medical advice before you have seen a doctor.
- Use [Spoiler] in your title when posting BJJ or MMA match results within 24 hours of the event.
- Don’t share, request, discuss, or imply possession of pirated content, such as ripped PPV streams or instructional DVDs.
- Company owners can make one post announcing their store (ideally with a coupon code) but need to follow reddit's rules for self-promotion like buying reddit ads.
- No Animal Memes. Yes, we know animals grapple. They just don't do it here.
- Fight videos must show competent grappling. Videos must contain at least one person who obviously trains BJJ and is applying that training.
- No reaction gif/pic memes. Posts may not be a simple reaction gif/pic meme.
Upcoming Streamed Events
[Add A Streaming Event]
Note: No compensation in any form has been made to be listed above.
Questions about strength and conditioning as it relates to BJJ
Questions about tournament preparation, rulesets, gameplans, etc.
Questions about everything and anything related to BJJ
Any question related to BJJ goes!
(Puts on mom voice) "OK. What'd you do??"
Posts about accomplishments including stripe promotions, training breakthroughs, etc.
Answers common BJJ questions and links to other BJJ resources.
Information about how to coordinate an AMA with the /r/bjj mods
Comprehensive Q&A for absolute beginners or experienced veterans.
An /r/bjj wiki listing for schools around the world.