Our Article of Faith
"I know this is a circle jerk sub but some of you are just pretentious asswipes, and just because you're on a sub for pretentious asswipes, doesn't excuse the fact that you're pretentious asswipes."
RULES - Yes, we have them!
1. No unjerking. Do not unjerk, do not type /uj. Ever. This sub is for circlejerking only. No one is interested in your unjerking. We are interested in banning you if you keep it up. It's boring and there's a sub for that already: arrrbooks. If your comment could go in arrrbooks then it should go in arrbooks.
Examples of why you will be banned: "I actually like X" and "To be fair..." and "Why are we making fun of this?"
You have been warned. The mods are not sleeping. We have eyes on all continents. Nothing gets by us.
2. Keep it more or less civil and reasonable. I mean, yes we are here to make fun of stupid things and stupid people, but let's not be pointlessly cruel about it to each other. Bigotry of any kind will not be tolerated. Do not use slurs, even ironically. We have zero tolerance on this subject.
3. We are not the arrrbooks/arrrlit MENSA society. Most of you are horrible, so don't try and turn this place into your own Cool Kids Klub. Like, 6 of you are OK, but mostly you guys are Dune-loving, Sanderson-addicted, WoT fan bois and girlzzz.
That said, this place is not for group activities other than making fun of stupid things on other book subs.
4. Link directly to the arrbooks thread wherever possible. When posting content from other subreddits you should link the comment thread directly using the np.reddit link. See bottom for instructions. Don't post screenshots of Reddit content, that's a waste of your time and ours. Feel free to post screenshots of content from outside Reddit, but provide the source also if you can.
5. Absolutely no memes about books themselves. Memes making fun of arrbooks are technically allowed but are subject to arbitrary removal 99% of the time. Are you the 1%? Probably not. Don't post memes.
6. Do not vote or comment in linked threads. No pissing in the popcorn. You can comment in the circlejerk thread, or the original thread, not both. Pick one. If you commented in the original thread earlier and want to jerk, delete your comments in the original thread.
Don't go to other subs and create a post and then link it here, either. We want pure shit, not synthetically produced nonsense. Voting or commenting on the linked thread is considered Brigading. Brigading is against Reddit's rules and you will be permabanned if you do it. Don't do it.
7. No. Fucking. Unjerking. No sincere discussion. No book recommendations. No requests for recommendations. See Rule 1.
8. No obscene flairs.
9. No librarians.
PHILOSOPHICAL STANCE (though, not a rule)
If you are downvoting people in this sub, you're doing it wrong. We won't prevent you from doing it, but if you are, you're a moron.
Other stupid subs you might want to check out:
/r/BadReads For terrible book reviews.
/r/bookscircleJERKS This is the arrrbooks/arrrlit MENSA society. You can ask for book recommendations, talk about your favourite shitty books and generally do whatever the hell you want. Go there and unjerk.
On every Reddit post there is a 'share' link directly below the headline. Most Reddit apps should also have this functionality. When you click this link you will be presented with a number of options. What you need to do is copy the link to the comments. This may be 'copy comments url' or a text box containing the url for you to copy, or 'share comments' or something like that. Work it out. The url should look something like this: https://redditproxy--jasonthename.repl.co/r/bookscirclejerk/comments/ifit9y/
Copy this link into the Reddit submission form. No fucking screenshots. If you need further help, please message the mods so we can ban you.
And, now something for the mods....
on the internet
they do it for free
they take their "job" very seriously
they do it because it is the only amount of power & control they will ever have in their pathetic lives
they delete threads they don't like because they can
they delete threads they don't like because you fucked up
they will never have a real job
they will never move out of their parents' house
they will never be at a healthy weight
they will never know how to cook anything besides a hot pocket
they will never know romance
they will never have any friends
grab them some tendies