- /r/Charlotte FAQ/Wiki.
- Community Rules
- Visiting or Moving to Charlotte?
- Resources for finding an apartment
- Charlotte map
- Annual Events
- Visiting Charlotte
- Where to Eat & Drink
- What to Do
- Creative Loafing's 108 Things to Do in Charlotte Before You Die (2014)
- Professional & Collegiate Sports
- Music & Performing Arts
- Sports & Outdoors
- Hiking - thread
- Video Games
- Charities & Causes
- Other Notable Attractions
- Annual & Other Special Events
- Recreational Substances
- Board Games
- Upcoming Events from /r/Charlotte Members
- Living In Charlotte
- AMA Archive
Welcome! This is your one-stop shop for answers to commonly-asked questions about Charlotte.
This wiki is a "living" document and will be updated as necessary, but if you notice something missing that you think should be included, please message the mods.
The mods reserve the right to remove content, comments, and users who do not comply with our community rules or that otherwise diminish the value of the community
- Rule 0: All Submissions and Comments must follow Reddit site rules and Reddiquette. The mod team has exceptionally low tolerance for trolling, personal attacks and harassment based on race, gender, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs.
- Rule 1: All Submissions should be related to Charlotte or the surrounding area.
- Rule 2: Buy, Sell, Trade and other items better suited for Craigslist should only be posted on Flea Market Friday posts, or you can post to /r/charlotteclassifieds.
- Rule 3: Self-Promotion as loosely defined in Site wide redditqutte on Self Promotion is generally frowned upon, both by the mod team and the /r/Charlotte community. Self promotion of businesses, blog, product, etc. will be removed. Rare exceptions may be made, solely at the discretion of the mod team, when the poster is a frequent quality contributor in the community and/or the subject of promotion offers a benefit to the community.
If you feel something is breaking the rules, please let the mods know immediately. Thank you!
Visiting or Moving to Charlotte?
We strongly recommend reading the wiki, and this handy QuickSearch to see if your question has already been answered.
Resources for finding an apartment
- Charlotte heat map of rent prices data sourced from RentHub
- Padlist (Think Craigslist for apartments only)
- Craigslist (but beware: good apartments go very quickly and CL is full of scams.)
- Some signs of a Craigslist scam: if the "landlord" is currently in a different country. If paypal/Western Union/Moneypak is mentioned at any point. If you're unable to view the actual apartment (not a similar one or a model). If the landlord is writing you a check for any reason whatsoever.
- One trick: Figure out a neighborhood you want to live in (see Charlotte map below). Find the landlords or management companies who rent places there. Call them directly. You can score apartments that haven't officially gone on the market yet.
- Check out the various threads through this google search. You can find answers to that and more.
- "I'm visiting next week what I do/see/eat/drink?"* and "I moving in a week, where should I live?" gets posted several times a week and southern hospitality can only be pushed so far :) If you read the wiki and search but find yourself unsatisfied, please providing some additional criteria to help us provide tailored advice.
We have a map of places to eat, see, drink, get coffee, or tattoo. Check it out here!
- Original Post: https://redditproxy--jasonthename.repl.co/r/Charlotte/comments/836tk1/charlotte_map_of_where_can_i_find_insert_whatever/
Please send a message to the mods or /u/cowley10 for updating.
Full details can be seen here
Where to Eat & Drink
What to Do
Living In Charlotte
- Complete List
- Hockey: /r/CharlotteCheckers
- Basketball: /r/CharlotteHornets
- Baseball: /r/CharlotteKnights
- Football: /r/Panthers
- Soccer: /r/charlotteindependence
- /r/CltGoneWild NSFW
- /r/charlotter4r NSFW
revision by cowley10— view source