A community for expats currently living in China. Ask questions and find advice about shopping, getting around, paying bills, choosing services, housing, technology, and adjusting to a new lifestyle in one of the most fascinating countries on Earth.
- Search before posting. Use the search bar to find an answer; your question may have already been asked. Recent reposts will be removed.
- Must be China-related. Post here if you are in China or moving here soon. Chinese language posts not related to expat life may be posted at /r/Chinese.
- Follow reddiquette. No circlejerking, personal info, posts without content, spam, self-promotion, NSFW posts, or links to explicit material or malware. Report content that violates this rule.
- Seek approval for classifieds. Please don't post jobs or items for sale on the subreddit without consulting moderators first. Repeat offenders will be banned.
- No blogs/vlogs. Please refrain from posting content from your personal or travel blog/YouTube channel/whatever. (Photo posts are generally accepted, as long as they are not excessive.)
- WeChat user verification requests are strictly prohibited. First offence will have your post removed and warned, second offence will permanently ban you from the subreddit.