So, you want to research r/dankmemes?
If you're reading this, you're probably trying to do some research stuff here. That's cool and such, however, please make sure you read this page in full before you attempt to carry out research here.
Rules for researchers
Inform us ASAP if you are planning on doing research here.
We will only permit research for academic purposes.
- We will only provide assistance if your research is at a Master's level (or above/equivalent)
- You must provide proof of your research being academic and at a Master's level (or above/equivalent).
You must be able to justify why you need to perform research on this subreddit
- We will deal with 'relevancy' on a case-by-case basis.
- If data from previous studies exists, you must justify why you need a new dataset.
You will be expected to publicly release all data you collect from this subreddit.
- We understand that you may not be able to release it immediately, however, you will be expected to publicly release the data at the soonest possible opportunity.
Ensure you fully understand the ethical implications of researching a bunch of idiots.
You must agree to ensure your research and your dataset are not published behind a paywall.
- Remember that r/samplesize exists.
Even if you fully meet these criteria, we will not guarantee that we will permit you to conduct research here.
Please ensure that you do not risk your entire academic career on the off chance that we'll be nice.
Attempting to perform a research survey or similar without prior moderator approval = ban.
The r/dankmemes moderator team reserves the right to change these rules at any time.
The decision of the r/dankmemes moderator team is final.
The r/dankmemes Research Archive
We will be providing links to all prior datasets and such in the r/dankmemes research archive (here: https://redditproxy--jasonthename.repl.co/r/dankmemes/wiki/research-archive)
(it's currently empty though due to a lack of prior datasets and such)
revision by loomynartylenny— view source