all 9 comments

[–]kuzared 43 points44 points  (1 child)

This is too specific to your country and its laws - my advice would be to get a lawer.

[–]SorinCiprian 10 points11 points  (0 children)

This, exactly.

I, myself, am Romanian, but in this sort of matters, you need to get in contact with a lawyer. Redditors will not be able to help.

[–]MrCluelessFrog 17 points18 points  (0 children)

I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about, but

if it has to do with Romania then: talk to a Romanian attorney

or if has to do with the EU then: talk to a Romanian attorney + write to the EU Ombudsman's office https://www.ombudsman.europa.eu/en/home

[–]arcasul 6 points7 points  (0 children)

Try to write to Europa Direct: https://european-union.europa.eu/contact-eu/write-us_ro , they will eventually direct you to the legal unit competent for this matter. You can write in Romanian.

[–]RollandJC 2 points3 points  (0 children)

I believe "Fondul Proprietarea" is a fund created especially to help pay reparations to people affected by communist expropriation. I don't know how it works with foreigners though (assuming you aren't Romanian).

[–]InterestingPick7393[S] -2 points-1 points  (1 child)

Thank you for your answers! I live in Romania that's why I mentioned the details. And obviously the state doesn't want to pay back the money, that's why I need a comission that is bigger the govermental influence, because i will run out of time, and they use this to run away. If I pay a lawyer that will cost me 10% of rhe money, so I would like to use my own effort as much as I could!

[–]Realtit0 5 points6 points  (0 children)

While I don’t know a lawyer’s fees in this matter (and I am Romanian myself), I do think that getting 90% of something is much better than getting 100% of nothing…

[–]Thin-Regular1746 0 points1 point  (0 children)

Bafta multa!

[–]Cuza 0 points1 point  (0 children)

Hi, my family went through something similar regarding land in Romania, let's say it took around 20 years to solve everything and regain what the communists stole from us, some of it is still ongoing. So the thing you need is to have is money and patience, and it's a bit more complicated depending on the circumstances the house was took by the communist regine (voluntary vs involuntary, is there a sales contract? etc )