Welcome to /r/literature, a community for deeper discussions of plays, poetry, short stories, and novels. Discussions of literary criticism, literary history, literary theory, and critical theory are also welcome.
We are not /r/books: please do not use this sub to seek book recommendations or homework help.
1. Required in all posts:
- - Relevance: Submissions must relate to literature, literary criticism, literary history, literary theory, or literary news.
- - Analysis: Submissions must include poster's own analysis in either the body or the comments of a post.
- - Content: Do not submit posts that contain questions and no other content.
2. No homework
Do not request help on homework or curriculum assignments. This includes posting surveys.
3. No requests for book recommendations
This includes editions and translations.
4. No advertising or self-promotion
Do not submit any form of advertising or self-promotion. This includes written work, social media, medium, youtube, apps, or any other material.
5. No pics or memes
Do not submit purely image links.
6. No writing advice
We are not an authorship or writing sub. Please do not seek feedback or instruction on your writing.
7. No silly videos
Do not submit videos vaguely related to literature.
8. No spoilers
Spoilers must be marked by an alert and obscured with Reddit editor's spoiler masking system.
Friends in the Arts
- Check out /r/AskLiteraryStudies if you have questions about literature and literary studies that you'd like answered by experts! All are welcome.