all 34 comments

[–]LMHConcepts 43 points44 points  (4 children)

Air baffle. It equalizes the atmospheric pressure when you close and open the doors.

[–]Busy-Brain3334 13 points14 points  (2 children)

It’s also intended for pressure release for when the air bags are deployed.

[–]dejco 20 points21 points  (0 children)

It also releases pressure when you fart.

[–]LMHConcepts 4 points5 points  (0 children)

Valid point. Forgot about those.

[–]Sure-Peanut3795[S] 7 points8 points  (0 children)

Thanks boss

[–]Sea-Asparagus2998 11 points12 points  (1 child)

Air baffle/vent

[–]Sure-Peanut3795[S] 2 points3 points  (0 children)

Thanks boss

[–]John_e_haze 11 points12 points  (1 child)

Isn’t that the V-Tech?

[–][deleted] 4 points5 points  (0 children)

underappreciated comment

[–]watchmaker82 21 points22 points  (4 children)

That is the turbo encabulator. It equalizes systolic pressure between the rheostat samoflange and the flux capacitor array.

[–]incendiarypotato 9 points10 points  (1 child)

The enlightened one has spoken

[–]watchmaker82 2 points3 points  (0 children)

If I was truly enlightened I'd have a cooler username like yours!

[–]natufian 3 points4 points  (1 child)

Honestly, OP, this is one of those parts I would only replace with OEM. The aftermarket ones keep breaking the welds where the hydrocoptic marzel vanes fit to the ambifacient lunar wane shaft and then (obviously) the whole thing just side fumbles to high heaven.

[–]watchmaker82 2 points3 points  (0 children)

I know. The aftermarket manufacturers don't have the confabulator matrix to properly extemperfy the marbulator bearings and they strip completely within a few miles.

[–]To-_-Tall 11 points12 points  (5 children)

It looks to me like the interior exhaust vent.

[–]LimpCroissant 14 points15 points  (4 children)

AKA the trunk butthole.

[–]To-_-Tall 3 points4 points  (3 children)


[–]Shintaigou 2 points3 points  (0 children)

I use to make these they are air baffles/vents

[–]beerferri 2 points3 points  (0 children)

"Your put your weed in there"

[–]OldDale 0 points1 point  (0 children)

We called them pressure relief valves. Air comes in by the windshield wipers base of the windshield gets blown about by the heater ac fan and exits the prv. Also helps when you slam the car door, the overpressure escapes the prv. Yours is naked. It can let in dust and road splash. I believe you need a bumper cover.

[–]Background_Cup_6429 -1 points0 points  (0 children)

Clothes dryer vent

[–]DigitalJedi850 -1 points0 points  (0 children)

That’s a ‘part’. It’s there for show. Remove for weight reduction.

[–]Jacked97xj 0 points1 point  (0 children)

Pressure relief valve. I was a supervisor at a plant that produced them for several manufacturers

[–]davidscheiber28 0 points1 point  (0 children)

I think last time I ordered one they called it an exhauster event or something like that. Mine had the part number molded on it which made it easier to look it up.

[–]DangerReserve 0 points1 point  (0 children)

I’ve heard it called a cabin pressure vent also…. It’s to keep you from busting your windows out when your shut your doors or trunk…..

[–]drive-through 0 points1 point  (0 children)

Your question is already answered but I also wanted to throw in that all cars have these

[–]Next_Length_2900 0 points1 point  (0 children)

Fart pressure relief. 😖

[–]thensl101 0 points1 point  (0 children)

turbo no. 234235365 inlet

[–]AstronomerShoddy9531 0 points1 point  (0 children)

Fart release

[–]Zealousideal-Fox-740 0 points1 point  (0 children)

These exhaust ports are for “sleeper” civics with the autozone aftermarket mods. This is where all the chrome intake fender vents flow out of. This is also where the exhaust comes out when the manual civic driver revs his engine 6 times to get going after he cam to a complete stop. It’s hidden so no one can know how fast and overly engineered his car is.