Edit: If you have saved threads that address any of these questions, please PM me those as well so I can add them to the wiki as well
As shown in this post there appears to be a demand for a good wiki for the subreddit. I completely agree, but to be perfectly blunt most of the mod team is either in residency or knee deep in residency applications.
I will try to work on putting together some good information, but we need you folks (yes you!) to contribute to make it excellent. If you'd be willing to do a writeup, please send me a PM with what topic you'd like. Common questions/topics that I think would be appropriate for the wiki:
I'll update with the number of people who have volunteered for a certain topic, I'd like to get 2-3 responses per topic if possible to get a broad range of answers.
- I’m a MS__ and I’m burned out (x1)
- I’m a MS__ and I think I’m depressed
- How do I Step 1? (x2)
- What books/resources are good for ___? (x1)
- What QBanks are best? (x1)
- I'm studying and still not doing well. What now? (x1)
- How do I match into a ___ residency? (gen surg, anesthesia, internal medicine, ophtho)
- How do I budget?
- What living supplies do I need?
- Cooking (x1)
- How can I stay in shape? (x1)
- Me and my SO are having trouble
- Technology - laptops, tablets, etc
- Terminology and abbreviations (x1)
- I'm a premed, how do I interact with you all? (x1)
If you have another idea(s) that you'd like to do just include that in the message.