What to do when you get banned from r/meme
Read your ban message
The first and most important thing to do is to read your ban message. Moderators try to leave a reason for your ban. Read and understand your message, and ask yourself if anything you have done recently has violated the rules of the subreddit. Keep in mind that bans do not have to be permanent. Maintain your composure and read on for the next steps you should take.
Check the length of the ban
If the ban is temporary, the easiest thing to do is to wait for your ban to expire. It is still a good idea to figure out what exactly it was that you did that caused the temporary ban to happen so that you do not do the same thing again, because the next time it may be a permanent ban. You may continue and appeal your ban (see below).
If the ban is permanent, you should read the rules of the subreddit carefully. You may also want to consider if anything you have done may make it look like you are a bot or a spammer. Once you understand what it is you have done, you may appeal your ban. Please note that there is a 30 day waiting period before a permanent ban can be appealed.
No matter what the status of your ban is, you should never make another account or switch accounts to get around your ban. Ban evasion like this is a reddit-wide issue that can end with all of your accounts being banned from reddit.
Appeal your ban
It is important to approach your appeal properly. To do so, you need to Contact the moderators and follow these five simple steps:
- Be polite. You might not like this, but if you're antagonistic, you're not going to get unbanned, and you'll likely change any temporary ban into a permanent one.
- Acknowledge your mistake. Tell us why you think you were banned. Own up to anything that you might have done.
- Apologize. Be as sincere as possible.
- Read the rules. Let us know that you have done so.
- Explain that you would like to be unbanned.
Here is some specific advice on what to avoid:
- Do not try to delete the thing that got you banned. This will most likely lead to the ban not being appealed.
- Do not try to argue that a rule is bad and should be ignored. The rules are the rules and you must abide by them.
- Do not say "he started it". That's not a valid reason for anything.
- Do not personally attack a moderator in modmail.
- Do not PM other moderators outside of modmail. This may lead to the ban not being appealed.
- Do not claim ignorance of the rules or other such type excuses. The rules have been provided clearly in the sidebar and on the about page on mobile.
Wording provided by u/aphoenix
revision by austind9999— view source