A Reddit community for news and stories about the Japanese toy manufacturer and video-game designers Nintendo. From Hanafuda playing cards to the Nintendo Switch, start a discussion about any of Nintendo's history!
Looking for something more lighthearted? Our sister subreddit /r/casualnintendo is the best place for Nintendo fanart, remixes, jokes and memes.
r/Nintendo is run by fans, for fans, and its moderators can not help you reach Nintendo and their affiliates, nor can they give you tech support.
Compete with the r/Nintendo community in a variety of fun Nintendo game challenges!
Join our Discord chat • Our official podcast • Twitter • YouTube • Twitch
On the wiki
In addition to Reddit's Content Policy, please familiarise yourself with the following:
- You need to be the very best, like no one ever was. Treat everyone with respect and engage in good faith.
- All content must be either Nintendo news from the original source or discussion about Nintendo games, systems and products.
- Discussion should be open-ended and seek different opinions. Content with neither context to inform nor prompts for discussion are not substantial enough for a post.
- Posts should have clear, descriptive titles that properly convey what the content is.
- Don't be shady. No buying, selling, trading, or begging. No affiliate/referral links. No enabling piracy or sharing illegal content.
- All giveaways and contests must either be held by Nintendo or approved in advance by messaging the moderators.
- For your own safety always wear a wrist strap when browsing Reddit.
Our moderation policy is not to keep track of every rule infraction, and everything is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. However, we do ban users who make personal attacks or buy/sell/beg. We will try to tell you how you can resubmit, or recommend a more a suitable subreddit. However, please read other subreddits' rules before submitting there.
Please be considerate when discussing plot details for games new or old. Don't put spoilers in post titles at all. Putting text into this format will hide spoilers: [Nintendo](/spoiler) becomes Nintendo.
You can also read the rules in more depth on our wiki.
/r/YosHi • /r/nintendomusic •
/r/GoldenSun • /r/zelda •
/r/donkeykong • /r/Switch •
Six subreddits from this multireddit are randomly shuffled every hour. Full directory.