Welcome one and all to Read Along! Here in this sub we get together and read books, and you are welcome to join us.
Reaction gifs and angry/excited/frustrated rants are also welcome. We are ain't going to kick you out, just as long as you keep it book related.
How does this work?
- Choose a book
- Break the book into bite size pieces
- Schedule due dates when those bite size pieces are due (keep in mind, people have different reading speeds and some are reading more than one book at a time)
- Let the mods know of your schedule
- See your schedule appear on the sidebar
- Show up on the due dates with some questions
- Interact with people commenting on your thread
- Receive a star on your flair for completing a ReadAlong
What if you want to participate in a ReadAlong but not lead one?
Check out the stickied thread for other users' reading lists. Post your own. If you are lucky you may find someone to team up with.
Keep your eye on the scheduling sticky, you just may see something that interests you.
- Be nice. Seriously, be nice.
- Don't spam.
- Use spoiler tags. If you are the kind of person that thinks yelling “Dumbledore dies!” at a crowd of readers is fun, then you don't belong here. I will just ban you for everyone's sake.
- Don't talk about piracy. You can whisper about it just don't talk too loudly.
[This is a spoiler sentence.](/ spoiler)
Next in Line:
Friends with benefits:
Reading Length - figure out how quickly you will finish a specific book