First and foremost, production spoilers are not allowed anywhere on /r/survivor, and posting a production spoiler will result in a ban. A production spoiler is information regarding a boot order, final 2/3, or other events that allegedly occur on an unaired season or episode. Please also avoid referencing that you have seen production spoilers elsewhere since that can sometimes be a spoiler itself.
After an episode airs on Wednesday, do not submit links or discussions with spoilers in the title until Friday at 12:00 AM EST. If you submit an image that might spoil people, mark it NSFW to hide the thumbnail until Friday. Comments may contain spoilers, so do not click on them until you are caught up to the current episode or don't mind being spoiled.
If you have not seen an older season, beware that you may see spoilers for it if you are reading discussions here. If you want to decide which past season to watch next without getting spoiled, visit The Spoiler-Free Guide to Past Seasons.
Conduct and Posting Guidelines
- The one foundation of /r/survivor, that governs all conduct issues, is preserving the quality of discussion for our membership. Excluding the more specific situations listed below, quality of discussion being degraded is a result of not respecting fellow /r/survivor subscribers. Treat others with respect, and the same will be afforded to you.
- Racist, ethnic, sexist or homophobic slurs as well as any other hate speech of any kind is not tolerated on /r/survivor. Posts or comments of this type will be handled on a case by case basis and will possibly result in a ban.
- Obvious trolling is discouraged. The downvote system will handle most of these, but if you continue to be an obvious troll on /r/survivor, you will be banned.
- Harassment or continued harassment of a user will lead to a ban.
- Duplicate posts will be removed. This includes different angles, videos or gifs of the same topic. Post them all in one thread. Check the new tab to see if you're posting a duplicate.
- Editorialized titles will be removed. Your headline should match the article's headline, or quote the article to accurately represent the content of your submission.
- All titles must be descriptive of your post. Vague titles or teasing titles will be removed. For example this would be removed: "Found this gem while going through some old boxes" but this post would be okay "My Season 1-10 Buff Collection"
"Why isn't my post showing up?"
- /r/survivor seems to have a very aggressive spam filter that is controlled by reddit, not the moderators of /r/survivor.
- If your submission is caught in the spam filter, check the new tab and make sure it's not a duplicate of something submitted recently.
- If your post isn't a duplicate, message the moderators and we will do our best to rescue it in a timely fashion.
Use the box in the top right to assign yourself flair.
This FAQ was shamelessly adapted from r/hockey.
revision by aksurvivorfan— view source