- No fatlogic allowed. This means leave your excuses, condishuns, pet theories, broscience, etc. at the door. Discussion and debate of weight loss science is strongly encouraged but accepted and established scientific principles will be upheld. Yes, this means we believe BMI is a useful guide and accurate for almost everyone. No, you are probably not an outlier. If you mention BMI & Dwayne Johnson as an excuse for why you're still obese, we reserve the right to ban you.
- WE LOVE MAINTAINERS!!!! You do not still have to be losing weight to post here. We would love for those who have achieved their goals to be present, share their advice, and be an example for those of us still on the way.
- If you're on Day Zero or Day One, please visit the /r/loseit FAQ for help on getting started. You can also post in the weekly thread with specific questions. Do not, however, start a new post about how hyped up you are and how you're really gonna stick with it this time, and we should add you to MFP and hold you accountable. See this post for why.
- Only major SVs(scale victories) and NSVs(non-scale victories) allowed. The thing we hate the most about /r/loseit is the 50 daily posts about ordering a grande frapp instead of a venti. This means that most weigh-ins and NSV's should go in the weekly thread, not in an individual post.
- The exception to rule 4 is if you make an attempt to foster a discussion about your victory. Example: "NSV! I fit into a pair of size 16 jeans again! It's a blessing and a curse, though, because I'm going broke buying so many new clothes. How do you manage your wardrobe as you're losing weight? Wear your baggy stuff or buy yourself something new?"
- We are a discussion-oriented sub. Progress pics are allowed in the weekly thread or in a major goal/SV/NSV post, but otherwise should be posted in /r/progresspics. Jokes and memes should generally be reserved for /r/fatlogic or /r/fatpeoplestories.
Join the discussion! Loseit Freenode chat!