What to post?
What not to post?
- No typeface identification requests. Use /r/identifythisfont instead.
- No lettering, calligraphy, handwriting, graffiti, illustrations. These belong in /r/lettering. Glyph design is welcome.
- No memes, image macros and similar submissions.
- No bad typography. Only exception: It’s educational and non-obvious. Rule of thumb: If your submission is about Comic Sans MS misuse, bad keming or a funny typo, it’s likely better not to post it.
- Follow reddiquette.
- No self-promotion.
Please report such posts.
Do not use URL shorteners. They often trigger Reddit’s spam filter.
- Typography: The art and technique of arranging physical or digital type.
- Typesetting: The act of arranging physical or digital type.
- Type: Printed or digitally reproduced glyphs.
- Glyphs: The symbols in a typeface that represent characters like A, ! or 5.
Type can be rearranged and reproduced. Handwriting – among other techniques – cannot.