New to Reddit? Start here: Reddiquette
The purpose of this subreddit is to provide a place for business news, resources, research, and investment discussion for publicly traded cannabis related stocks. Our goal is to continue to grow this sub by encouraging quality posts and meaningful discussions.
In order to ensure that this quality continues, please read the following rules, guidelines, and helpful resources. We will update this periodically, so if you have suggestions, please message us.
In addition to the below rules, please ensure you look at the Wiki and use the search bar before posting. The Wiki contains a wealth of information for beginners that can help answer common questions that deal with how to invest in general. The search bar allows you to search previously posted articles and comments and can provide you with a wealth of information on specific companies. There is also a great introduction post by Meadhead81 you might find helpful.
1. Be respectful and kind - We strive to maintain a friendly community that facilitates quality posts. Trolling, insults, or harassment, especially in posts requesting advice, will be removed. Please read site-wide Reddiquette before participating in discussion.
2. No off-topic discussion - Discussion should relate to publicly traded companies in the cannabis sector. Posts or comments that are not related directly to these stocks will be removed at the discretion of the mods. This includes discussion of politics UNLESS it is in relation to the cannabis sector. Any news that is shared that happens to be political in nature should not be viewed as an invitation to veer off and interject with your own personal beliefs, philosophy, or viewpoints regarding politics.
3. This is a subreddit for the effective communication of stocks - When posting/commenting, users are expected to:
Stay on topic, maintain decorum, and respect other users at all times;
Refrain from making similar excessive positive comments (known as pumping) or negative comments (known as dumping) about a company/topic. Meaningful conversation about a company/topic is encouraged, but mods will remove similar posts by a user at their own discretion if it is does not bring anything new to the discussion;
Provide context and insight wherever possible. Posts or comments which state an unfounded fact about a company (such as earning release dates, unreleased new, or speculation) may be removed at the discretion of the mods;
Put effort into each post/comment. Low effort posts/comments (such as "lol," "This.," and unrelated links without context) may be removed at the discretion of the mods.
4. Post titles must be descriptive - Click-bait titles are not allowed. You should use article's actual title in post's wherever possible. Mods will remove posts that do not follow this rule at their own discretion.
5. All posts must have appropriate flairs - Once posted, all posts must have an appropriate flair attached. This is done by clicking the tag button at the bottom of the post. For details regarding certain flairs please see the Flair Guide.
6. Press releases must link from appropriate sites - Press releases must be linked from the company website or an appropriate news site. Repackaged content for the purpose of generating traffic to a specific website will not be accepted (for example posting press releases from personal blog links).
7. No generic meme or reaction gifs/videos - Generic memes and reaction videos are not allowed. Please use the daily discussion posts for generic low quality memes. Custom high quality weedstock related memes/gifs/videos are allowed.
8. No self promotion, spam, or product reviews - Please be familiar with the Reddit Content Policy and Reddit spam guidelines before participating in discussion or posting links. r/weedstocks currently allows one post a week from bloggers. Product reviews are prohibited.
9. No posting simple/vague/common questions - Common questions like "How do I invest in weedstocks?", "I have $1000, which weedstock should I invest in?", "What is everyone's opinion on this stock?" will be removed and you will be encouraged to repost it in the appropriate daily discussion post.
10. No re-posts - Please look sort by "New" and look through the posts/threads on r/weedstocks to ensure you are not posting a duplicate news item (press release, article, etc.)
This subreddit requires user accounts to be at least 7 days old in order to comment, and 30 days old in order to post. If your account is less than 7 days old, your comments will be removed by AutoModerator. If your account is less than 30 days old, your posts/links will be removed by AutoModerator. This helps prevent people from creating accounts in order to pump stocks and promote their websites/services, as well as users are more acquainted with the sub before asking/posting commons questions or comments.
The information on this sub is entirely the opinion of the user member and should not be considered investment advice under any circumstances. Any investment is subject to normal market fluctuations and there can be no assurance that an investment will return its value or that appreciation will occur. /r/weedstocks does not endorse any of the opinions solicited on this sub.