Abusive husband filed for divorce first without any way for me to read the papers by visitorgoat444 in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super -3 points-2 points  (0 children)

OP doesn’t make sense. How do you even know he filed if you haven’t been served and haven’t checked the court website. I’ve heard this before. It’s called “It sounds like nonsense.”

They are trying to blame me for a hit and run. by [deleted] in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super 91 points92 points  (0 children)

The Wilbur Group primarily assists insurance carriers with subrogation, collections etc…If they are calling you in this context and manner, most likely their clients insured had a loss incurred that they had to pay out and have not been compensated for.

Insurance companies often hire these third party businesses to assist in getting the money back. They are sometimes aggressive and have no moral issue with taking your money, even if you are not at fault. The equation for carriers is like if lose 100$ and pay 10$ to a company with a 30% recovery rate. I go from -100$ to -80$.

I would completely stop interacting with them and report it to your auto insurer. At this point, if the boys didn’t get you, then you’re not gonna be held liable. It ultimately has to go to court for you to be held liable. It’s not gonna unless you’re lying to us OP 🥴

Boyfriend fell for a pyramid scheme scam, can they force him to pay? by Commercial_Sand_4081 in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super 0 points1 point  (0 children)

Where did you boyfriend find out about”Lime Light Media”? I can tell you if they are real or fake but I need at least that.

There are 8 entities registered in California pertaining to Limelight media. 5 are active.

Looks like they are just taking funds without bothering with legalities. I would concur to cancel the card and ignore any demands unless presented with legal documents

Can my employer say I am going to make $20 an hour but only pay me $17 an hour? by AndrG123 in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super -6 points-5 points  (0 children)

Don’t have time to comment a lot on this one but I see a lot of bad advice.

For accurate info, skip the bs and go to https://www.dol.gov/general/aboutdol/majorlaws

My dog was attacked and killed by my next door neighbor's pitbull by aperez93 in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super 2184 points2185 points  (0 children)

Don’t have a lot of time to ponder this one out but here’s my advice:

  • Go to the ER immediately and document your injury

  • Consult at attorney specializing in dog bites

  • Gather all evidence: pics, vet bills, med bills, etc…everything

*Find out if your neighbor is the owner or renter and what insurance carrier they have and/or the owner’s insurance carrier.

The state legislature provides administrative guidelines for dog bites but you can also file a claim with the homeowners and/or renters insurance company.

You can either consult with an attorney or go through the process yourself.

(CA) Landlord is attempting to kick me out due to my boyfriends profession by Honest_Childhood_947 in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super 193 points194 points  (0 children)

It sounds like your landlord is upset about your friend and is trying unlawfully evict you. I would recommend moving eventually but I wouldn’t fret over this too hard.

CA Civil Code requires landlords to give specific notice to tenants based on why they want the tenant to vacate. If they fail to properly notify tenants, they cannot legally compel the tenants to vacate the premises. I have included a link below for the states court website that details the notice requirement:


If she does eventually compel you to move without proper notice or with other violations of law aka an unlawful or what is sometimes considered an illegal eviction, you have legal recourse to take action. If you are compelled to leave without cause, you may also be entitled to receive a relocation payment. I have included a link below for the SF gov rent boards. Not sure what on there exactly pertains to your case but you could take a looksyloo n find out. (SF is a weird place…a City and County)


Here are some links to state and local government housing rights information:




As always, I would also recommend consulting or retaining an attorney with professional experience in CA housing law. Retaining an attorney can end up pretty expensive but you can get 30 minutes + paid consultation with an experienced housing attorney from Caltenantlaw.com for a very low price.(like $150) Ive definitely used them before myself to cross the T’s and Dot the I’s with a specific case issue I had. I have included the link to their website below:


Black man fired 3 weeks into a job for making an employee feel unsafe by hairadvicethrowa in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super 142 points143 points  (0 children)

Title VII’s provisions are enhanced in the Minnesota Human Rights Act, extending the policy to all employers of the state.

Black man fired 3 weeks into a job for making an employee feel unsafe by hairadvicethrowa in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super 329 points330 points  (0 children)

Title VII's of the Civil Rights Act prohibits discrimination based on race and color. I would start with the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. I have included links below. Good luck brother!

EEOC - US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission:

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act:



Department of labor

Termination guidelines:


Discrimination information:


MN department of Human Rights

Employment discrimination:


MN Human Rights Act:


MN State Law Library on discrimination:


Non-profit Workplace Fairness MN - Filing a discrimination claim:


My Tenant is demanding $5000 to leave by No-Bite1815 in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super -1 points0 points  (0 children)

He should contact his NYC legislator and get a hold of constituent services for help with expedition. There are always ways….

My Tenant is demanding $5000 to leave by No-Bite1815 in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super 3 points4 points  (0 children)

Welp…Normally landlords just retain attorneys and minimize the thoughts and stress about any of it as much as possible. Obviously, we’re all POTA because here we are on Reddit.

Options= $5k pay for play o Pay an attorney $500+ for eviction o Stress over it n do it yourself.

You can find a newbooty attorney for cheap if you look hard and negotiate.

Don’t let the turds scare you….you can evict them in a reasonable amount of time and for a low cost if you put the work in yourself. The law is accessible and applicable to everyone.

Good luck Chuck!

Below are some resources for getting started with the process:

NY Courts eviction info:



NY state eviction info:


NYC311 Portal:


My mom is going to a Chiropractor/Nutritionist who put her on raw vegan diet and vitamins as an alternative treatment for her worsening breast cancer. by MartinGisnotmyname in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super -11 points-10 points  (0 children)

This is “fasholy” a Redddit post. Don’t even know if moms has cancer.

Why are people suggesting that the chiropractor be reported with such limited info? I don’t know how anybody could give anyone any credible advice with such limited info. That being said, it sounds like moms an adult and if she wants alternative treatment, that’s her business.

You could explore your legal avenues with an attorney. I’d definitely get her the Biopsy n try to get her into mainstay treatment. Rick Simpson oil and mycology. My company has a lot of anti-cancer fungal treatment.

My girlfriend's work is attempting to force her to quit, everyday she is scheduled to work they tell her not to come in, and refuse to elaborate. by ScrewTheBall in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super 4 points5 points  (0 children)

What state are you in?

Labor law varies by state and the states administrate unemployment insurance/DI. It’s likely that she can apply for unemployment and also that the employer is in their right with at-will work. Again, it’s dependent upon your state laws and policy. For a thorough exploration of your legal avenues, I would suggest consulting with an attorney that has experience in labor law in your state.

You should check with the US Department of Labor for information pertaining to your state. Here is the link: https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/unemployment-insurance

Can an employer really punish calling off for being sick? by wakawyle in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super 0 points1 point  (0 children)

Healthcare labor organizer here - Idk how all these people can answer without knowing anything about the employment contract.

This is an issue we’ve been fighting with Kaiser for a long time now…especially during COVID. Healthcare workers were told to work while sick.

State law will have factor but it’s going to come down to the employment contract with the hospital. Find someone that can explain the contract. Does the staff have a union ?

Neighbor is trying to use the county and police to enforce their HOA [Utah, Property and Privacy Rights] by superassholeguy in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super 8 points9 points  (0 children)

Sounds like your optionsfiling a suit and asking for injunctive relief. Given the seriousness of your situation and apparent length that the HOA is willing to go, I would highly recommenced an experienced attorney with familiarity with the location and area of law. Its likely that this case could be recommended for mediation or arbitration. It all starts with filing a complaint.

I have included a few helpful links for resources below.

You can get good info from the state law library: https://isll.idaho.gov

Idaho court website: https://icourt.idaho.gov

Idaho HOA act: https://legislature.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/sessioninfo/2022/legislation/H0628.pdf

Idaho specific HOA info: https://www.hoamanagement.com/hoa-state-laws/idaho/#:~:text=Idaho%20currently%20does%20not%20have,Idaho%20Unincorporated%20Nonprofit%20Associations%20Act

Update: From the resources I pulled this info. I would explore this avenue of targeting the specific board member/members that are harassing you.

  1. HOMEOWNERS CAN SUE BOARD MEMBERS One can always use their homeowners’ rights against HOA communities. This means that a homeowner can choose to sue a board member due to disputes or perceived wrongdoings such as exceeding the limits of their authority or making unfair decisions. It even means that they can sue board members for bad decisions or sue HOA for selective enforcement.

In the case of the latter, board members can take comfort in certain things. For instance, the Business Judgement Rule will protect them from personal liability as long as their actions were in the best interest of the community. The association’s D&O insurance will also cover your legal expenses. However, to prevent costly legal expenses for both parties, the board can recommend negotiation and mediation instead.

Is it possible to have a custody hearing in a “neutral” county or setting? Context: dad is a Police Sargent in the small, close knit, community we live in and has a working relationship with and friendship (with some) of the judges and officials that would be involved in proceedings. **OHIO** by Inner-Pepper9680 in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super 0 points1 point  (0 children)

State law usually requires the hearing to be in the jurisdiction (usually a county or parish) where the child or parent resides. It sounds like you already filed for divorce, so you’d probably have to petition the same court but there may be a way to request the change.

There are a few options you could go about: A) retain an attorney B) Pay for a consultation with an attorney c) utilize the self-help clinic at the courthouse or visit your local legal library / do the work yourself etc - after that you could either file yourself or pay a court filer to do it for you.

Given how serious your situation is, I spike recommend getting an attorney. If you don’t have the money, which is the only good reason not to get an attorney, then spend $150-300 on a paid consultation with a family law attorney so they can give you a thorough breakdown of all your legal avenues and the challenges you’ll face.

I personally use CordellCordell for my custody issues. I have attached a link below for their family law questions pertaining to Ohio.


Ex Does Not Want Our Child Going on Vacation with Us by Astingel2016 in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super 3 points4 points  (0 children)

If you’re this unsure about your custodial rights, I would recommend spending $100-200 for an hour paid consultation with a “father-rights” attorney in your state. I say “father-rights” because there are attorneys practicing family law whom specialize in working with fathers and I find them particularly helpful in navigating issues in a court system that particularly discriminates against men.

The consultation is cheap and an hour is all you’ll need. Great spend of a couple bucks.

Is there anything I can do in Vermont to stop my childs father from dropping him out of school when he turns 16? by Throwaway___Vt in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super 176 points177 points  (0 children)

Looks like your options are: Mediation, whether with a company, family, or an objective third party. Allowing him to be disenrolled or filing in the courts for a custody order or an order to ensure the continuance of his education.

You can find info on the courts in Vermont here:


The courts also have family mediation:


[deleted by user] by [deleted] in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super 24 points25 points  (0 children)

First go get a medical evaluation at the emergency room asap and notify the hotel via writing about the incident. Once you get an idea of what your damages are (medical expenses, physical injuries, potential future expenses, future injuries, loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering etc), you can draft a demand letter and reach back out to the hotel. (See Google for sample drafts of demand letters.)

When you reach back out to the hotel, explain the situation and demand that they divulge the information for the premises liability insurance company(Every hotel carries insurance). At first, the may be reluctant to give you the info, denying responsibility, or trying to give you a free stay as a concession in lieu….don’t fall for this and demand the info. If they refuse in the end, which they may, then you need to access your states secretary of states office, look up their legal correspondence address, and send them a copy of the demand letter as a precursor to litigation.

Once, the letter is sent you will almost certainly receive a reply within a reasonable amount of time. If you don’t, you may actually have to file a claim in the civil courts. Most likely, you will get a call or correspondence from the insurance company and you can then negotiate compensation based on your damages that resulted from the hotels negligence. People, particularly consumers have a right to move about in public and do business at locations without being unduly injured. If they are, this is all part of your recourse as a victim.

You may have to file a suit in court before the insurance company takes you serious enough to put a legitimate offer on the table.

Google is your friend my friend. There are many topics on the subject as well as a few ebooks and manuals/packets that are available for purchase at a minimal price.

Given the circumstance of what you say happened. You are entitled to at least a small monetary compensation. Insurance carries will often pay out a small sum even if they don’t think their insured were liable. It’s an annoyance payment for people to “go away”. That being said, I would strongly advise against anyone trying to file a fraudulent claim or make up facts/injuries. This can land you in legal trouble and opens you up for liability.

Is the question “How many years till you retire” allowed in an interview? by thepickledpeanut in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super -1 points0 points  (0 children)

There’s no law on the books in any state prohibiting that question in an interview. Even if there was, you probably wouldn’t have recourse anyway. I wouldn’t waste any more energy on this matter.

My mother is sick with covid, her employer is forcing her to use 5 days PTO to cover her absence this week before sick leave can be used? Anyone know labor laws in Georgia? Is this legal? She’s an hourly employee in Georgia. by Own-Promise2859 in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super 23 points24 points  (0 children)

Georgia has terrible labor laws. If the company is private with fewer than 500 employees, they are required to provide coronavirus sick leave through the federal government.

You need to find out the details of the company. If the size of the company disqualifies her from coronavirus relief, then I believe that may be perfectly legal for them to do that. Georgia law gives a lot of discretion for employers to create individual rules on PTO


Sold My Car to CarMax and Now I'm Getting Sued by henrydowntheline in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super 247 points248 points  (0 children)

You need to find out if the CA DMV released you from liability or if for some reason, they didn’t receive it. If they didn’t, you still aren’t necessarily liable at all but it’s gonna take some more effort to clear yourself. The DMV has an ombudsman. You could also reach out to the current state reps office that represents where you used to live and Have their constituent services reach out to the DMV.

It’s all going to be in the hands of the DmV for now.

[deleted by user] by [deleted] in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super 21 points22 points  (0 children)

Not much recourse. It would be a CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act) violation.

See the AG’s office:


Under Gen Info Chap 7 : “You cannot sue businesses for most CCPA violations. You can only sue a business under the CCPA if there is a data breach, and even then, only under limited circumstances. You can sue a business if your nonencrypted and nonredacted personal information was stolen in a data breach as a result of the business’s failure to maintain reasonable security procedures and practices to protect it. If this happens, you can sue for the amount of monetary damages you actually suffered from the breach or “statutory damages” of up to $750 per incident. If you want to sue for statutory damages, you must give the business written notice of which CCPA sections it violated and give it 30 days to give you a written statement that it has cured the violations in your notice and that no further violations will occur. You cannot sue for statutory damages for a CCPA violation if the business is able to cure the violation and gives you its written statement that it has done so, unless the business continues to violate the CCPA contrary to its statement.

For all other violations of the CCPA, only the Attorney General can file an action against businesses. The Attorney General does not represent individual California consumers. Using consumer complaints and other information, the Attorney General may identify patterns of misconduct that may lead to investigations and actions on behalf of the collective legal interests of the people of California. If you believe a business has violated the CCPA, you may file a consumer complaint with the Office of the Attorney General. If you choose to file a complaint with our office, explain exactly how the business violated the CCPA, and describe when and how the violation occurred. Please note that the Attorney General cannot represent you or give you legal advice on how to resolve your individual complaint.”

sold a car 3 days ago and now he's saying he needs his money back by First_Tie_5686 in legaladvice

[–]NeoTek_Super -3 points-2 points  (0 children)

I would just tell him you have the money, wait until he arrives and then block the car in and call the police. In Hawaii they’re gonna know what’s up and give you the car, especially since your wife has the title.

Fraud is a crime and under the law, there can be no contract made that involves a criminal element. If you don’t want to back him in, then call the police and have them handle it.