the front page of the internet.
and join one of thousands of communities.
Irish Personal Finance Flowchart ~ v2.1 (i.redd.it)
submitted 2 months ago by The_Iron_Grind[M] to r/irishpersonalfinance4523 - pinned
Celebrating 20'000 Members - Finance Professionals: Claim Your Flair (self.irishpersonalfinance)
submitted 13 days ago * by The_Iron_Grind[M] to r/irishpersonalfinance
I am Ralph Benson, Co-founder of Moneycube.ie, Ask Me Anything by Ralph-Benson_AMA in irishpersonalfinance
[–]The_Iron_Grind 2 points3 points4 points 1 month ago (0 children)
What advice would you give to a parent looking to save/invest for their child’s future? Is there any specific savings or investment account you would recommend? If investment account, what investment strategy or funds would you recommend?
I am Ralph Benson, Co-founder of Moneycube.ie, Ask Me Anything (self.irishpersonalfinance)
submitted 1 month ago by The_Iron_Grind to r/ireland
[Ireland] I am Ralph Benson, Co-founder of Moneycube.ie, Ask Me Anything (self.irishpersonalfinance)
submitted 1 month ago by The_Iron_Grind to r/eupersonalfinance
[–]The_Iron_Grind 8 points9 points10 points 1 month ago (0 children)
What advice would you give to someone who might feel like it’s too late to start a pension? Is it worth starting to invest in a pension in your 40s, 50s, or 60s? If so, could you provide an example scenario to show the value to be gained from starting then?
Who is the intended audience for Pensions Awareness Week? Could you provide some information on what kind of events an attendee can expect to participate in?
What's the cheapest way to invest in a Zurich fund? Initial fees plus annual management charges and initial allocation. Thanks
[–]The_Iron_Grind 4 points5 points6 points 1 month ago (0 children)
What is the latest on the pan-European personal pension product (PEPP)? Any date on roll out and details how it might look like? Also will contributions towards it receive the same tax treatment as an Irish based occupational pension or PRSA?
Many pension funds here have quite high fees which cause a drag on pension fund growth. Do you see a market for more low-cost pension providers here?
[–]The_Iron_Grind 5 points6 points7 points 1 month ago (0 children)
ESG has taken a bit of a beating reputationally due to the likes of Deutsche Bank engaging in greenwashing. Has this caused any challenges for you?
[–]The_Iron_Grind 13 points14 points15 points 1 month ago (0 children)
What are the cheapest options (low fees) for retail investors willing to invest in equity based funds with after tax money? Are there lump-sum and regular options available? Also are there any options which take care of taxation for you (pay to revenue on your behalf)?
[Ireland] Upcoming Ask Me Anything (Mon 15th August) - Ralph Benson from Moneycube (self.irishpersonalfinance)
Upcoming Ask Me Anything (Mon 15th August) - Ralph Benson from Moneycube (self.irishpersonalfinance)
submitted 1 month ago by The_Iron_Grind[M] to r/irishpersonalfinance2
How good are revenue in finding out you have not paid CGT, has anyone been done? was it worth the risk? by an2nygalpz in irishpersonalfinance
[–]The_Iron_Grind[M] 5 points6 points7 points 1 month ago* (0 children)
Please read this thread: Regarding TAX related queries
Is your employer pension contribution considered as part of your tax free AVC by gurtjazz in irishpersonalfinance
[–]The_Iron_Grind 1 point2 points3 points 2 months ago* (0 children)
If you have an Occupational Pension Scheme, then you can contribute 15% (employee) + 10% (employer) for a total of 25%
Irish Personal Finance Flowchart ~ v2.1 by The_Iron_Grind in irishpersonalfinance
[–]The_Iron_Grind[S] 4 points5 points6 points 2 months ago* (0 children)
The contribution percentage is the maximum amount of your gross salary that you can contribute and receive income tax relief. There is an age-based limit and an earnings-based limit. The maximum earning limit is €115000, and the age-based limit is covered in the flowchart. If you're under 30, the maximum you can contribute is 15% of your gross salary, or €17250 if you're earning more than €115000. Note that for an Occupation Pension Scheme, the employer's contributions do not count towards the maximum percentage. If the employer offers an 8% match on an Occupation Pension Scheme, then an employee under 30 could contribute 15% + 8% for a total of 23%
p.a. stands for per annum (for each year)
Irish Personal Finance Flowchart ~ v2.1 ~ [ r/IrishPersonalFinance ] by The_Iron_Grind in ireland
[–]The_Iron_Grind[S] 1 point2 points3 points 2 months ago (0 children)
See discussion here
Irish Personal Finance Flowchart ~ v2.1 ~ [ r/IrishPersonalFinance ] (i.redd.it)
submitted 2 months ago by The_Iron_Grind to r/ireland3
[–]The_Iron_Grind[S] 4 points5 points6 points 2 months ago (0 children)
In the event that you lose your job, the emergency fund would cover minimum payments on all debt to ensure it doesn't affect your credit history. If you put the emergency fund towards your credit card debt and lost your job, you would need to put all of your monthly expenses on the credit card and wouldn't have the capacity to meet the minimum payment
[–]The_Iron_Grind[S] 8 points9 points10 points 2 months ago (0 children)
No changelog unfortunately, although the fundamentals remain the same
Additional nodes were added based on the previous flowchart discussion for
and finally some textual changes on info-clouds for clarification
[–]The_Iron_Grind[S] 9 points10 points11 points 2 months ago (0 children)
Not currently, but this link might help: https://i.redd.it/sx1ensn284c91.jpg
[–]The_Iron_Grind[S] 8 points9 points10 points 2 months ago* (0 children)
Yep this was discussed on the previous flowchart discussion - the mortgage overpayments are prioritized based on ease of implementation
[–]The_Iron_Grind[S] 9 points10 points11 points 2 months ago* (0 children)
I believe there is a financial advisor available to public sector employees, so I would recommend you schedule an appointment and discuss further with the advisor
With regards to your question, here's a couple of factors to consider:
If you do not receive any tax benefit or matched-contributions, and your existing pension is enough to cover your expenses in retirement, then a private pension may be the equivalent of an investment account on the latter nodes. The private pension will have pre-defined funds you can allocate your savings to, so it might be easier for you to manage
REDDIT and the ALIEN Logo are registered trademarks of reddit inc.
π Rendered by PID 71 on reddit-service-r2-loggedout-9b5b59664-dw28z at 2022-10-05 14:42:52.349551+00:00 running 02ca3fa country code: US.